|Windows||October 14, 2007|
|Genres||Arcade, Vehicle combat|
Armada Tanks is a singleplayer real-time vehicle combat game from Enkord released in 2007 that plays out in limited 2D battle arenas with destructible barriers akin to the Bomberman series.
The game was released in two versions, a browser-based 2D Flash demo as well as a full 3D desktop game that utilizes DirectX 8. The desktop game also includes a one-hour trial that can be used to test the game before purchase.
A spin-off game titled Wings of Armada was in development for a few years and entered closed beta in 2011, but development was cancelled due to lack of resources.
Since release Armada Tanks has remained essentially the same with no known patches or updates released for it. Files created by the installer of the full version shows a single file being last modified after 2007, that being the game executable itself which was last modified 2009. The game version remains unchanged at v1.0.
|Developer website||Includes a time-limited trial of one hour.|
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%PROGRAMDATA%\Enkord\Armada Tanks\gameconf.ini[Note 1]|
Save game data location
|Windows||%PROGRAMDATA%\Enkord\Armada Tanks\Save\[Note 1]|
|Widescreen resolution||Limited to 1024x768 4:3 aspect ratio|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||30 FPS lock.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Sound|
|Mute on focus lost||Game pauses when focus is lost|
|Operating system (OS)||98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||400 MHz or above|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||20 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 16 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8 compatible
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ GamesIndustry.biz - Enkord releases Armada Tanks, a thrilling new arcade shooter - last accessed on 2020-07-22
- ↑ Enkord - Next game in Armada Tanks universe in development - last accessed on 2020-07-22
- ↑ Enkord - Wings of Armada closed beta-test started - last accessed on 2020-07-22
- ↑ Totem Tribe II: Jotun - Wings of Armada? - last accessed on 2020-09-10
- "Unfortunately we had to stop development of WoA as it had too many bugs and required too much effort and as small as we are we were unable to continue 2 projects at once back then, so we decided to focus on Totem Tribe 2 instead."
- ↑ Verified by User:Aemony on 2020-07-22
- The change back in 2009 probably involved the "nag screen" aka purchase splash screen shown on the launch of the game, or something similar minor.