From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows 3.x||1C: Maddox Games|
|Linux||Ryan C. Gordon|
|EU||Delphine Software International|
|Mac OS (Classic)||MacPlay|
|15th Anniversary (EU)||ElektroGames|
|15th Anniversary (Poland)||IQ Publishing|
|15th Anniversary (Russia)||Akella|
|20th Anniversary (Windows)||The Digital Lounge|
|20th Anniversary (Windows)||Focus Home Interactive|
|20th Anniversary (macOS)||BulkyPix|
|Mac OS (Classic)||December 1991|
|Windows||April 14, 2006|
|macOS (OS X)||February 20, 2013|
|Linux||September 15, 2014|
- The macOS (OS X) version of this game does not work on macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later due to the removal of support for 32-bit-only apps.
- The original version was released as Out of This World in North America.
- This page reflects the currently sold 20th Anniversary Edition, and notes where there are differences to other versions.
- Eric Chahi's Another World - Official website
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Hardcore Gaming 101 - Comprehensive feature
|Retail||Original European releases used a code wheel for copy protection. US releases were DRM-free.|
|Epic Games Store|
|GOG.com||15th Anniversary Edition is included as a bonus.|
|Humble Store||Amiga ROMs are included as a bonus.|
|Steam||Amiga ROMs are included as a bonus.|
|Mac App Store (unavailable)|
- A demo of the Collector's Edition is available on the official website.
- Another World / Out of This World was initially released in November 1991 for the Commodore Amiga and the Atari ST 16-bit home computers. The game was ported to DOS and the Classic Mac OS not long after. These ports feature expanded new areas and higher difficulty. The DOS version runs in 320x200 resolution in 16-color mode. The Mac OS version runs in 640x200 in 16 colors.
- The game was ported to Windows 3.1 in 1994 by 1C: Maddox Games. This release is essentially the same as the DOS port.
- The game was ported to Windows XP in 2006 through joint efforts of Eric Chahi, DotEmu, Mana Games and Magic Productions. This version is referred to as Another World: Collector's Edition. It features enhanced higher resolution graphics in 256 colors and higher quality sound. It is possible to switch between the original and remastered modes. In addition, the difficulty has been scaled down, with twice as many checkpoints.
- Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition, released in 2007, is essentially the same as the Collector's Edition. The only difference is the included bonus material: an audio CD with the game's soundtrack, two developer diaries, a "Making of" video and also a postcard signed by Eric Chahi (in select countries).
- Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition, released in 2013, has only cosmetic improvements over the previous two editions. The visuals and the audio have been slightly tweaked. The difficulty mode can now be adjusted on the fly by selecting one of three levels. It includes the same extras as the 15th Anniversary Edition.
Configuration file(s) location
|Mac OS (Classic)|
|macOS (OS X)||~/Documents/Another World/|
AnotherWorldUserDef.xmlis used by the 20th Anniversary and
AnotherWorld.iniby the 15th Anniversary Edition.
- This game follows the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux.
Save game data location
|Mac OS (Classic)|
|macOS (OS X)||<path-to-game>/|
- The DOS and the Windows 3.x versions use a password system to access a specific level. Press C (in the DOS version) or Alt+C (in the Windows 3.x version) to input the code.
|Epic Games Launcher|
|OneDrive||Requires enabling backup of the Documents folder in OneDrive on all computers.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Can only be changed in 15th Anniversary Edition by editing
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Can only be changed in 15th Anniversary Edition by editing
20th Anniversary Edition has V-sync enabled by default.
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||DOS version has 18 fps frame rate cap.
15th Anniversary Edition has no frame rate or refresh rate cap.
20th Anniversary Edition has variable framerate.
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Can only be changed in 15th Anniversary Edition by editing
|Mouse sensitivity||Can only be changed in 15th Anniversary Edition by editing
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Menus can not be navigated on 20th Anniversary.|
|Controller remapping||Directional buttons cannot be remapped.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts||Uses generic ones just like Dinput.|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Separate volume controls||Sound can be toggled with S in the DOS version and with Alt+S in the Windows 3.x version.
Music can be toggled with Alt+M in the Windows 3.x version.
|Mute on focus lost||Windows 3.x only. 20th Anniversary pauses automatically if on fullscreen.|
|Simplified Chinese||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Hungarian||Fan translation for 15th Anniversary Edition|
|Japanese||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Korean||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Polish||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Portuguese||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Brazilian Portuguese||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Russian||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Russian||Fan translation for 20th Anniversary Edition, available here.|
|Turkish||20th Anniversary Edition only.|
|Direct3D||8||15th Anniversary Edition|
|OpenGL||2.0||20th Anniversary Edition|
|DOS video modes||VGA|
|Windows||Windows 3.x version might be playable on a 64-bit OS using winevdm.|
|macOS (OS X)||This 32-bit-only macOS game does not work on macOS Catalina (10.15) or later.|
|Linux||Steam release of 20h Anniversary Edition has both 32-bit and 64-bit executables.|
|Operating system (OS)||2.1|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 8088||286 10 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 KB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|Video card (GPU)||EGA|
|Operating system (OS)||98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 200 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|Video card (GPU)|| 32 MB of VRAM
DirectX 6 compatible
|Operating system (OS)||6.0.7|
|Processor (CPU)||Apple IIGS
|System memory (RAM)||2 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 1500+
|Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||250 MB||300 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 6200 |
ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series
|Nvidia GeForce 7300GT
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
|Operating system (OS)||Ubuntu 12.10|
|Processor (CPU)||1.6 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||800 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||OpenGL 2.0 compatible|
- Official website - News
- Another World - 20th Anniversary on the Mac App Store
- Another World · Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition · AppID: 233550 · Steam Database
- Official website - Versions
- (see discussion)
- Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition - Game Update - last accessed on 2022-06-12
- "- Adding 8 new languages : Simplified Chinese - Brazilian Portuguese - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Polish - Russian and Turkish"
- Verified by User:Mastan on 2022-06-12