Hey nice looking new icons! However, Soeb and I have been discussing the use of IcoMoon to create font icons. This has the advantage of scaling up to any size, loading instantly and the possibility of applying CSS (shadows, colours, mouse hovers, etc.). You can import SVGs into it too. We should discuss and add you to a project tracker we just started, especially if you are coming back to do more work over the summer, we've got a lot of new plans :).
User talk:Hungry eyes
Hey, nice idea. Just thought they were in sore need of an update. Would be interested in this project tracker. Will be around but work is keeping me from being a regular at the minute!
Thanks hungry_eyes, if you could edit the colours of the OS icons to match the new ones that'll be great :).
I'll be forwarding details of project developments to the mods sometime in the next day.
Sure thing, was gonna play around with them anyway.
Hey, I was wondering whether you could beautify our favicon a bit: http://pcgamingwiki.com/favicon.ico
I put in a white background because it didn't look right with a transparent background in my Chrome/FF tab. Maybe a light grey background, with rounded corners?
It would look better with a transparent background I think - I'll try a few different options later and see what you think :)
I thought the tower didn't look distinguishable enough at such a small size, so I went with this - thoughts? :P -Tom
Hi, could you make an 'unknown' icon for me that fits in with our icon set for Video Settings template? http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Template:Video_Settings
Hey - could you send me the original designs for the T-shirt over sometime today please? I think you had a modified logo and stuff. I am thinking of putting the T-shirt into production for Rezzed.
Sure, I'll email it to you later today :)
Thanks so much.. could you do me a favour and send me the image layer as a transparent background PNG please? I'm in a PSD-free environment at the moment.
Also could you ask David if he's free for Rezzed.. I'm pretty sure we are gonna go now for Saturday 7th.
User:Masked_Turk/Sandbox/Homepage - I am liking this, it's looking good.
My wife had some thoughts on the subject :P -
- New layout is much better with the featured article on top and the new box layout.
- She doesn't like the dark blue banner with the white text, she says it looks out of place because it's so striking and big. The lower boxes look good and they look more 'Wikipedia' like.
- She says we need more variation of colours - she wants the pastel greens and purples back. She says too much blue.
- Apparently the OS icons should be smaller and not compete with the corner logo.
- Combine the New and Recent Changes as a big box (stacked vertically, 100% width)
- Use new space to make a goal box with an xkcd comic (apparently this is important)
- She HATES the little clipart man in the Did You Know bit
- Notable releases should feature more prominently
Curious about what you guys do next! I will keep the current Home page static for now until we decide on a new scheme.
Can I just say, "pastel greens and purples back" - please, oh god please no.
- I like the change of layout as well.
- I think the blue bow with white text works if we want people to primarily contribute and edit stuff. I say leave that as is.
- I have no opinion on different colors.
- As for the OS icons, we could perhaps make them slightly smaller, but too small and they don't really do their job.
- What is the "new" section? The recently edited games section?
- Yes, we must keep the xkcd comic there somewhere. It adds character.
- Cut the clip art guy. Perhaps replace it with a generic looking question mark?
Cool, me and jan are just going through all these changes now.
Thanks for the ideas guys
I also had a thought about extending the 'Recently edited' to include more columns (and make the box bigger).
Guide pt 2
Hey did you Warlock Master of the Arcane change into the full retail version? If so, if you have the time you should add some more detail to the page :).
No word back yet on Port Royale 3 I'm afraid, but it has been promised by 'Ted'.
Yeah it seems to still be playable, will add some more stuff :3
Ok, thanks anyway :)
Hey man thanks for all the work on the site :).
I was wondering if you had time, to make up an icon for Intell AppUp? http://www.appup.com/index
I also made one for the Chrome Web Store as I'm guessing we'll need it soonish:
Also, I was thinking of making an icons category which collects and groups all of the icons I've made thus far - what do you think?
P.S. I know you're busy, but do you think you could have a look into maybe finding a review code for Endless Space? It looks p awesome and It'd be cool to get an article up :)
Thanks so much for doing these icons- I need to figure out a way to put them into our templates, and also having a single place to list all the new codes/icons.
I've emailed the Endless Space guys some time ago, will chase up!
Awesome, thanks. If you need any more icons just shout, trying to juggle revision and gaming atm :P
Hai babes <3
Could you create another sexy icon for the Amazon store? I need it for a template :)
Didn't see this. ON IT.
Wait....this isn't my talk page >_>
That's why :P
Moved to my actual page ;)
You're ace :3
Legend of Grimrock VideoSettings
Hi can you complete the Template:Video Settings for Legend of Grimrock for me please? I want to use that page as a test and adjust the sample article layout based on it. Just place it anywhere you think is appropriate on that page.
Sure thing :3
Ok this is now done - just above SysReqs