AMD Catalyst Control Center
- The legacy AMD Graphics control panel for HD 6000/Terrascale and older cards, replaced in 2016 with Radeon Software Crimson.
- Titled AMD VISION Engine Control Center on systems with AMD CPUs.
- 1 Essential improvements
- 2 Issues unresolved
- 3 Issues fixed
- 4 Useful Links
- 5 References
Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
- Allows running games in higher resolutions (e.g. 4K Ultra HD) on lower-resolution displays.
- Currently requires a Radeon HD 7790 series card or above, or an A-Series 7400K APU or above.
- Monitor's native resolution must be one of the following: 1366 X 768 @ 60Hz, 1600 X 900 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz, 2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz.
- 4K Ultra HD VSR support requires one of the following cards: Radeon R9 285, Radeon R9 380 Series, AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series
Disable startup of additional bloatware
|Disable ReLive DVR|
Can't enable Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
- VSR is only supported on monitors with the following native resolutions: 1366 X 768 @ 60Hz, 1600 X 900 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz, 2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz.
External Events service tampers Steam overlay hooking
- Disabling the service cause monitor not to awake anymore (unless Ctrl+Alt+Del stroke) and may break FreeSync
GPU Scaling Options Locked In Windows 7
A common problem on Windows 7 is the GPU Scaling options being locked which would make older games stretched in widescreen or shrunk to fit original size. There are many various fixes such as those from AMD or third party fixes or custom programs.
Some causes or symptoms of the issue can be described as listed in AMD's support page.
- Display's native resolution is currently being used.
- Digital connection between the graphics card and display not being used.
AMD's Official Fix
AMD's official fix is to choose a lower desktop resolution, set the scaling option, then restore the native desktop resolution.
ATI GPU Scaling Fix Program
Using AgentGOD's program allows you to set GPU scaling options using his third party program. You can view a forum post on Guru3D about the fix as well as the update log for the program.
If some DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 games are underscanned and have a black border around the screen (mostly on HDMI displays) in games like Crysis, Crysis 2, and L.A. Noire, despite the fact that you have set your scaling to zero, this guide should help. May not work with 4K displays or W10
Now, before you launch the game, there's one other fix you have to apply, and this is done on each individual game executable file.
Control Center not starting
there are PLENTY of possible causes and solutions for this problem.
|Enabling 64 bit .NET (x64 windows only)|
|Full CCC Uninstall and Reinstall|
Uninstall just CCC selectively (using Catalyst Install Manager), and then:
AMD's official website where you can find support and download drivers.
- What is the difference between the AMD Catalyst Control Center and the AMD Vision Engine Control Center?
- Virtual Super Resolution Technology | AMD
- Has anyone ever Disabled AMD External Events Utility from Services | guru3D Forums
- WombatFromHell/OriginSteamOverlayLauncher: An executable wrapper for Steam to allow the Steam Overlay to hook into Origin/non-Steam games that require a launcher
- Do not disable AMD External Events Utility Service or FreeSync won't work : Amd - Reddit
- GPU-68: Unable to set GPU Scaling option in ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
- ** FIXED ** Scaling option missing | Community AMD
- [SOLVED] catalyst control center wont start? - Rage3D Discussion Area