Hello! I'm SirNinja and this is my userpage on PCGW. Unlike most wikis I edit, I tend to do quite a bit here, including creating pages, uploading "clean" cover images, and adding sections/fixes to pages in need. I have a 4K monitor and will be testing quite a few older games for compatibility.
Things every PC gamer should have.
- Link Shell Extension (LSE), which lets you easily create symbolic links (i.e., make the contents of a folder appear to be in two folders, when in fact it's just in one; the other's just "linking" to that folder). Useful because of...
- Dropbox, or a similar data-syncing utility. Use LSE's symbolic-link feature to sync any non-Dropbox folder to Dropbox, creating auto-cloud saves for nearly anything. Very useful for older games.
- Augmented Steam. Adds so much useful stuff to Steam you'll wonder how you got by without it. Also lets you customize pages, getting rid of stuff you don't want.
Also, because it blows at least one person's mind every time I post it: you can use the URL steam://checksysreqs/
[AppID] to have Steam automatically check whether your PC meets the system requirements for any game. (Look at the end of a Steam game's store URL to find its AppID number.) Try steam://checksysreqs/17300 to answer an age-old question...
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
- Graphics: EVGA 8GB nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 SC
- RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z77X-UD5H
- Monitor: Vizio E-series 48" (3840x2160@60Hz)