The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
|Developer(s)||Bethesda Game Studios|
|Engine|| Creation Engine |
|First release date||November 11, 2011|
|The Elder Scrolls: Arena||1994|
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall||1996|
|An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire||1997|
|The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard||1998|
|The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind||2002|
|The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion||2006|
|Knights of the Nine|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim||2011|
|The Elder Scrolls Online||2013|
- Major bugs and performance issues fixed by official patches.
- Extensive modding community, including Steam Workshop integration.
- Minor bugs not fixed officially, but fixed by third-party.
- Bethesda Forums, Skyrim
- Steam Community, Skyrim
- Reddit, Skyrim
- Tweakguides/Geforce, Skyrim
- WSGF, Skyrim
|Steam||All versions unlock on Steam|
|Green Man Gaming|
- All versions require Steam, including both retail and digital distribution.
 Unofficial patches
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch
- Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
- Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
- TES5Edit - Used for merging patches and cleaning plugins and master files
- Some mods are incompatible with other similar mods. Read about compatibility before installing multiple mods.
- Steam Workshop, Skyrim; official host included with Skyrim. Subscribed mods are automatically installed and updated (.
- Nexus Mods, Skyrim; third-party host. Maintains Nexus Mod Manager and/or mod files for manual installation.
- SKSE, third-party code. Required by many mods. Enables advanced scripting capabilities.
- SkyUI, advanced menu interface. Optimized for keyboard and mouse control, supports advanced sorting, search, scaling. Requires SKSE.
- Categorized Favorites Menu, advanced "favorites" interface. Optimized for keyboard and mouse control, supports hotkey slots, sets, sorting, uses full screen. Requires SKSE.
- Stones of Berenziah Quest Markers
- BOSS, third-party pre-launcher. Resolves some mod incompatibilities.
- Wrye Bash, third-party mod manager. Resolves some mod incompatibilities and opens game settings for edits.
 Skip Intro
Skip intro logos
 Enable multi-CPU
Follow this link and its instructions. Do not touch ANY files located in the steam folder, use only the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini (or Skyim SkyrimPrefs if ".ini" is lacking) located in
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ unless told otherwise by a mod author.
 Tweak rendering distance
1) Go to
2) Open Skyrim.ini. Navigate to the [General] section.
3) Add the following line at the end of the section:
4) Save the file.
If you find your game to be unstable then you can revert uGrids back to its default settings.
1) Start Skyrim and load your save file.
2) Alt-tab from your game and open
4) Alt-tab back to Skyrim and open the console with
 Enable shadows for trees and rocks
- Setting bDrawLandShadows=1 may greatly increase the amount of shadow striping on the ground, even with mods such as Realistic Lighting Overhaul.
 Game data
 Save game location
|Steam||%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\|
- You can import/export saved games from/to XBOX360 by following this guide.
|GameSave Manager||In the database.|
 Video settings
|Widescreen resolution||Configured through the game's launcher.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Widescreen Fixer.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed||Configured through the game's launcher.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Borderless fullscreen windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Configured through the game's launcher.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Configured through the game's launcher.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See Vertical synchronization (V-sync).|
1) Go to
2) Open Skyrim.ini.
3) Add the following entries to the bottom of the [Display] section:
4) Save the file.
5) Open SkyrimPrefs.ini.
6) Add the following entry to the bottom of the General section:
7) Save the file.
8) Load your latest Skyrim save and open the console.
9) Enter the command
Enabling borderless fullscreen windowed
 Vertical synchronization (V-sync)
 Removing screen tearing and Smoothing mouse movements
Removing screen tearing and Smoothing mouse movements
1) Download the main file from the FPS Limiter mod
2) Extract the file you downloaded to Skyrim's main folder -
3) Open antilag.cfg in Skyrim's main folder with Notepad.
4) Change the FPS in
 Input settings
|Mouse acceleration||See Mouse acceleration.|
|Controller support||If enabled, prevents using the mouse.|
 Mouse acceleration
Disabling mouse acceleration
 Issues fixed
Fixing crashes • Link
 Blurry Text/Font
Using either Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control PanelAdd the TESV.exe (located in your Skyrim folder within Common files to your 3D applications, ignore any message about how AMD has already made a profile and Turn off 'Morphological Filtering'
 Using a non-standard screen resolution
Using a custom resolution.
1) Go to
2) Open SkyrimPrefs.ini. Navigate to the [Display] section.
3) Find the following values:
iSize H= iSize W=
 Game stutters when playing on a laptop
Changing maximum processor state
1) Open the start menu.
2) Type in edit plan and press Enter.
3) Click on Change advanced power settings.
4) Expand Processor power management.
5) Expand Maximum processor state.6) Change the value to
 Quiet audio
Fixing quiet audio
 Crash on Launcher or Crash when Starting Skyrim
Go to your SteamApps\common\skyrim and open the Skyrim folder in there. The file you're looking for is called SkyrimPrefs.ini. delete it and this should be fixed.
If it crashed with the error message "Application Load Error P:0000065432", restart Steam.
 Stuttering in first person
Fixing 64hz stutter bug
 System requirements
|Operating system (OS)||Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)||Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent||Quad-core Intel or AMD|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 9.0c compliant with 512MB RAM||DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD with 1GB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 / AMD Radeon 4890 or higher)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||6 GB||8 GB|
- Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication.
- ↑ http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11
- ↑ http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227329
- ↑ http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1280991-do-not-disable-vsync/
- ↑ http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/how-to-do-a-clean-video-driver-install.90352/
- ↑ https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
- ↑ http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120118080040AAZVDZb
- ↑ http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/35452/how-can-i-increase-skyrims-volume