From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
Modifications I use while playing Minecraft (1.17.1):
- Fabric is required for many mods. Incompatible with Forge.
- Sodium is an alternative rendering engine that improves performance even more so than OptiFine.
- Iris - Shaders for Minecraft, has custom build of Sodium for now. I use just this, without the original Sodium! Backwards compatible with OptiFine shaders.
- Sodium Extra - More settings to tweak with Sodium.
- Lithium is a general-purpose optimization mod meant to optimize as much as possible without altering gameplay.
- Enchanced Block Entities
- Hydrogen is an optimization mod that decreases Minecraft's memory usage.
- Enitity Culling
Slight gameplay improvements/changes:
- Mod Menu
- Mod Manager
- Xaeros Maps: World Map and Minimap
- Durability Viewier
- Falling Tree
- Falling Leaves
- Cull leaves
- Seamless Loading screen
Emulation is cool, these are Emulators I like to watch and see how they change and evolve:
- RPCS3 - PS3 has many games I still want to play
- Xenia - Xbox 360
- Yuzu - Switch
- Cemu - Wii U
- PCSX2 - PS2 was my childhood console basically, nuff said.