- Disclaimer: The tool requires your Steam username, password, and Steam Guard authentication token to function. PCGamingWiki cannot make any guarantees regarding the safety of the tool. Use at your own risk!
- Download the latest version of DepotDownloader and extract it to any location.
- By default downloads will be stored in a subfolder of DepotDownloader so be sure to extract it to a drive with enough space to download all files (50 GB).
- Navigate to the extraction target folder where
DepotDownloader.exe is located.
- Hold down ⇧ Shift and right click in the folder itself, without selecting any specific files.
- If done correctly a few new option will be available in the context menu
- Select the Open Powershell window here option.
- Enter the
.\DepotDownloader.exe -app 524220 -depot 524221 -manifest 1677719970409151957 -username <username> -password "<password>" -validate command with relevant info:
<username> is your Steam username (not to be confused with your profile name).
<password> is the password of your Steam account.
-dir <installdir> can also be used to specify a custom download target folder.
- If the account is protected using Steam Guard, the window will prompt for the two-factor authentication code displayed on your authenticator app.
- If executed properly the console will say:
Downloading depot <depot-id> - <depot description>
- Wait for the download to complete. Do not close the window or shut down the computer as this will terminate the download!
- When the download is finished the following line will be printed in the console:
Depot <depot-id> - Downloaded <size> bytes
- The downloaded files will be saved in the specified folder, typically in a subfolder called
depots\<depot-id>\<build-id> below DepotDownloader.
- Open indicated download folder. You can now move the contents of the folder to a more proper location.
NieRAutomata.exe from the folder to launch the debug build.
- After the intros have played use RB+Back on a controller to open the debug pages. Some settings requires the A button to be held down while using ↑+↓+←+→ on the controller to change the value. Others use the keyboard and ↑+↓+←+→, PageUp+PageDown, or ↵ Enter to navigate.