The Settlers IV
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
(Redirected from The Settlers 4)
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Early prints||Blue Byte|
|Windows||February 15, 2001|
- The game doesn't run on a native Windows 10 system. See Issues fixed.
|Retail||SafeDisc v2 DRM[Note 1]|
|GOG.com||Gold Edition - includes expansions: Mission CD and The Trojans and the Elixir of Power.|
|Ubisoft Store||History Edition - includes expansions: Mission CD, The Trojans and the Elixir of Power, The New World, and Community Pack. Part of Ubisoft+.|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
DLC and expansion packs
|The Trojans and the Elixir of Power|
|Die Neue Welt||Available only in German language before the release of History Edition|
|Community Pack: Historische Schlachten||Available only in German language before the release of History Edition|
- 2.50.1516a is the latest retail patch. Applies to all language versions. This patch does not remove the CD protection.
Skip intro videos
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use The Settlers 4: Widescreen Tool. Native in the History Edition.|
|Multi-monitor||Enabled in the History Edition.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||The player can zoom in and out.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Use Nvidia Profile Inspector.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Use Nvidia Profile Inspector.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Use Nvidia Profile Inspector.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Frame rate is capped at 30 FPS.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Unofficial translation by «7Wolf»|
|LAN play||8||Removed from the History Edition|
|Online play||8||Official multiplayer service has been shut down for the original version, but History Edition uses Ubisoft servers.|
Retail version compatibility problems
- Many bugs, glitches and crashes in every OS higher than Windows XP. Only the GOG.com version has better support.
Fatal error: Exception 0xc0000005 at 0x00468bd0!
- Occurs if something went wrong while using trading routes via ship (but not limited to this). It's a bug in the game itself.
Music stops when playing as Mayan
- If you fight as Mayan, the music stops playing after a fight. This is a known bug that was never fixed. You can start the music again if you move the in-game Sound FX slider under Settings > Sound settings.
"Error initializing Graphic Interface" error (or black screen/game doesn't launch)
|Use Windows 10 patch (DXwrapper)|
|Audio||Miles Sound System||6.1c|
|Operating system (OS)||95 OSR2, 98, 2000, ME, NT 4.0|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium MMX 200 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||250 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Resolution of at least 800x600
4 MB of VRAM
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- FireEmerald/Settlers4-Widescreen-Tool: Unlocks resolutions up to Full HD in The Settlers 4
- The Settlers IV · elishacloud/dxwrapper Wiki
- Verified by User:Nessy on 2021-05-13
- Version number found in Mss32.dll in the game installation folder.