Test Drive Unlimited
|Windows||March 16, 2007|
|Genres||Open world, Racing|
|Vehicles||Automobile, Motorcycle, Street racing|
|Series||Test Drive Unlimited|
|Test Drive Unlimited|
|Subseries of Test Drive|
|Test Drive Unlimited||2006|
|Test Drive Unlimited 2||2011|
|Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown||TBA|
Test Drive Unlimited is an open world racing game in the Test Drive series, and the first entry in the Test Drive Unlimited sub-series. The game allows players to drive a variety of sports cars and motorcycles around a recreation of the Hawaiian island of Oahu that features around 1,000 miles (1,609 km) of roads.
- Ability to import your music for your own custom radio stations.
- This game is not available digitally.
DLC and expansion packs
|Megapack||No longer available for purchase.|
- 1.66A is the latest official patch (required for 2.00A, along with Megapack)
- 2.00A (fan-made) is the latest unofficial patch to fix some of the game issues that were not addressed by the last official patch
- For compatibility with the Polish version, download this file
- TDU Platinum pursue the objective to be more than a collection of many different mods in a pack, the objective is to deliver a whole new experience, a whole new way to play with endless possibilities to choose at your own demand, ready to go.
- New Physics, over 880 vehicles, correct color names, dedicated camera for each vehicle, new weather - HDiR compatible, new map textures and new radio stations.
- Easily moddable.
- Easy installation.
- Optional Russian language.
- Additional toolkit.
- Incompatible with languages other than English, Russian and Polish (For compatibility with the Polish version, download this file).
Skip intro videos
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Up to 4x MSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enable by Default.Syncs to a higher number than specified.|
|120+ FPS||Exceeding 90 FPS introduces traffic bugs.Set hz monitor on 60 hz to fix. See Weird traffic behavior.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||Rendered image uses SDR color space. In-game HDR option refers only to HDR Rendering.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Keyboard must be used to initially map the controls.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Button prompts||Mouse prompts only.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 5.0.|
|Polish||Polish retail release only, later re-releases only use Polish subtitles with English voiceovers.|
|Russian||Localization by Akella|
Adding custom music
- MP3 and WAV formats are supported. M3U files can also be used.
- Windows shortcuts can be used for the desired music.
|Adding Custom Radio Stations|
|Add to Existing Radio Stations|
|Online play||8||Project Paradise is required to play online after the shutdown of GameSpy.|
Game failing to launch on Windows 8 and higher
|3 possible fixes|
Starting a race crashes the game
|Add missing files|
Game freezes during free roam
|Delete the dynamic advertising database|
Crash on Windows 10
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings in
Weird traffic behavior
- Exceeding 90 FPS introduces traffic bugs: invisible cars, weird spawning, very fast line changes or stopping when your car is near.
|Limit the frame rate to 90 FPS with the proper tools|
|Set hz monitor on 60 hz|
Map event information is not being displayed and is replaced with grey box when using a controller
|Unbind the map controls for the controller in the controls settings|
User created game profile, see vorpx forum profile introduction.
|Shader Model support||2.0|
|Multiplayer||GameSpy||Project Paradise is required to play online after the shutdown of GameSpy.|
|Operating system (OS)||2000||XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
|Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB||1 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||8 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT |
ATI Radeon 9800
256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|Nvidia GeForce 7600
ATI Radeon X1600
512 MB of VRAM
- Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software - YouTube
- Test Drive Unlimited - Importing Your Own Music - Post 5| GameFAQs
- Test Drive Unlimited - Importing Your Own Music - Post 2 | GameFAQs
- TDU1 failing to launch. | turboduck Forum
- TDU1: Can't do any of the solo races | turboduck Forum
- TDU on Windows 10 - Page 2 | turboduck Forum
- TDU AI fix? | turboduck Forum
- | turboduck Forum]
- Map information not loading - last accessed on 2020-12-07
- Audile Applications