It really does, no HBAO+ flag works without modification without major issues.
Specifically the LOTF flag,
- Requires that you move to a different room and back before it actually activates the effect.
Start a save file https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29yqsjw.png Move to a different room (requires loading screen) and comeback and it works https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29o1sl7.png
- The effect will then break if you change resolution or graphics settings or alt tab. https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29wes62.png
- It also bleeds through Frank's Hair, making the way the hair is layered by the modeling visible. Which breaks the illusion intended by the developers. https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29bzsea.png
- Z-Precision/Fighting issues of Frank's modeling up close impact the HBAO+ effect, causing random garbage shading. https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29szsmk.png
- The effect is applied far too strongly, causing over shading issues, clouding and bleeding.
- When you change rooms (loading screen) the effect flickers on and off before fading to black
Other screenshots showing problems with this https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29xvso3.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29dlsdm.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_2913sb5.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_295rsd6.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_295rs1i.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_2974ssb.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29zps64.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_299jsmn.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29cnsfp.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29vksjo.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29nossg.png https://abload.de/img/deadrising_2016_09_29xzsoi.png
But rather than just removing the part from the article. I'd rather generate discussion to show my point of view rather than just removing it without significant evidence.