Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Blue Tongue Entertainment|
|Windows||October 28, 2000|
|Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy||2000|
|Starship Troopers - Terran Command||2021|
- This game is not available digitally.
- A demo is available here. It includes the first campaign mission.
Comparison of in-game interface size at 2560x1440 set directly in game options menu(up) and 2560x1440 forced through dgVoodoo 2 with resolution in game options menu set to 1280x720(down).
- Patches are available here. Developer recommends to install them only if there are issues with running the original version, since no other fixes or gameplay improvements have been made.
- Removes DirectX 7 resolution limit, so the game can be played at resolutions higher than 2048x2048.
- Using dgVoodoo 2 to force higher resolution, instead of setting it in the game options menu, makes the game render the menus and mission briefing screens at higher resolutions and can be used to increase the size of in-game interface.
Skip intro videos
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Menus remain 640x480 and in-game interface is not scaled and is small at high resolutions, see dgVoodoo 2.|
|Ultra-widescreen||DirectX 7 has a resolution limit of 2048x2048, see dgVoodoo 2.|
|4K Ultra HD||DirectX 7 has a resolution limit of 2048x2048, see dgVoodoo 2.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Hor+. Zooming in/out is available using mouse wheel or numpad +/-.|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force in the GPU control panel or dgVoodoo 2.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Force in the GPU control panel or dgVoodoo 2.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Force using D3DOverrider or dgVoodoo 2.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||No frame rate cap.
While fully playable at 120 FPS, it does affect the game; particle effects are running faster and at least the plasma bug projectile is falling down slower. Much higher framerates also make the whole game run noticeably faster. Limiting the game at lower framerates is recommended.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Sound effects, music and dialogue.|
|Mute on focus lost|
Game exits to desktop
- When launching the game or when starting a level the game exits to desktop and is minimized.
|Disable desktop composition|
|Use dgVoodoo 2|
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium II 233 MHz||Intel Pentium II 400 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||64 MB||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||300 MB||800 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 3D Video Card (Voodoo 2) |
DirectX 7 compatible
|16 MB of VRAM|
- Verified by User:Antrad on December 12, 2017
- Information taken from the game manual.