Star Trek: The Next Generation - Klingon Honor Guard
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Mac OS (Classic)||Westlake Interactive|
|Unreal Engine 1|
|Windows||February 9, 1998|
|Mac OS (Classic)||December 21, 1998|
Configuration file(s) location
Getting the game to work on modern systems
- The game installation executable will fail to run on modern systems (Windows 10) and will give a "Error executing program! (31)" error.
|Workaround for installation issues|
|Prepare to run the game on modern system|
- A fork of Kentie's Direct3D 10 renderer that adds more graphical features.
- Runs the game in widescreen resolutions.
- Improved lighting.
- Adds ambient occlusion, screen-space reflections, and higher quality HDR post-processing.
- As of December 30, 2020, the latest Unreal DirectX11 Renderer has ended support for this game. The last supported version is 1.6.1.
- Places a temporary watermark in the bottom right, and copies the developers PayPal link to your clipboard. Follow these instructions to disable the watermark and remove the PayPal link from being inserted into your clipboard.
|Disable DirectX 11 renderer's PayPal watermark and disable the link from being copied into the clipboard.|
Save game data location
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Use
|Windowed||Only for D3D, OpenGL and Software renderers. 3dfx requires a wrapper capable of forcing windowed mode.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enable by default for D3D, OpenGL and Software renderers. 3dfx requires force a wrapper.|
|120+ FPS||Framerate higher than 120 affects the gameplay. However, having FPS higher than 80 breaks cutscene in Mission 6b.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||Up to 7.0 with Creative ALchemy|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Direct IP||The only method of connecting to online games.|
|Direct3D||6, 11||D3D6 renderer added in patch 1.1. Fan made D3D11 is available here.|
|Operating system (OS)||95|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium MMX 166 MHz||Intel Pentium II 266 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||300 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||2 MB of VRAM||3dfx Voodoo2|
- Verified by User:Suicide machine on 2020-09-16
- Indeo codec needs more testing. Original folder
- Indeo codec, Windows 10 - last accessed on 2020-09-16
- ReportDirectX11 Renderer for WOT,Rune, HP1&2, CBU and DS9TF version 1.6.2
- Verified by User:Suicide machine on August 13, 2016
- See test results
- Verified by User:Suicide machine on 2020-09-30