Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Windows||October 21, 2008|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
- Based on the Xbox 360 and PlayStaion 3 versions of the game.
- The PC port is missing several graphical elements such as bloom, motion blur and some particle effects from its console counterparts, as well as having a massively reduced Draw Distance and LOD (Level of Detail) as many assets, such as trees in central park and objects on top of some buildings won't appear unless the camera is very close to them, resulting in severely worse presentation. The 1.1 patch mostly addresses the LOD issue. see Patches
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- The 1.1 patch updates the game to the latest version.
- This patch fixes some graphics issues, adds more settings to the launcher (shadows, particle effects, special effects) and removes the 30 FPS cap.
- Substantially improves Draw Distance and LOD; Although, it's still inferior to the console versions.
- Depending on your system configuration, it may also introduce stuttering. It may also cap the frame rate to 30 during the transition between gameplay and in-engine cutscene.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Activision\Spider-Man Web of Shadows\Config.xml|
Save game data location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Activision\Spider-Man Web of Shadows\|
|Multi-monitor||A multi-monitor hack exists, but objects and textures disappear outside the central 16:9 area.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Disabling this option can lead to stuttering and bad frame pacing and possibly other minor issues.|
|60 FPS||30 FPS lock on 1.0 version. Install the official 1.1 update to unlock the frame rate. Mouse sensitivity and overall camera control rely on frame rate. some 2D elements, such as neon arrows, may animate faster and some, like the menu background, water effects and distant smoke may be capped to 30 FPS.|
|120+ FPS||The game has a 60 Hz refresh rate cap which can't be overwritten with GPU control panel. Use DxWnd to overwrite the refresh rate by running the game in windowed or borderless mode while a higher refresh rate is selected; However, double buffered v-sync will be forced and can lead to stuttering if the target frame rate is not always achieved. Due to the game not being able to use multi-core CPUs correctly, high frame rates are difficult to achieve on modern systems. some missions, like "disable Park Ave cars", will be impossible to complete if the frame rate is too high, due to the gas station exploding too quickly. If that's the case temporarily cap the frame rate to 30.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Negative mouse acceleration. Can't be disabled.|
|Mouse sensitivity||The higher the frame rate, the more sensitive overall camera controls will be.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Launcher requires mouse input.|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Subtitles||Some character dialogues are displayed in dialogue boxes.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Russian retail copies only.|
|Operating system (OS)||XP||Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
|Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||3.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 6600 |
ATI Radeon X1300
128 MB of VRAM
|Nvidia GeForce 7900
ATI Radeon X1950
512 MB of VRAM
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- View topic - Spider-Man Web of Shadows Triplehead fix | WSGF