Scarface: The World Is Yours
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||July 25, 2006|
- StarForce DRM for this game does not work on some versions of Windows (see Availability for affected versions).
- Graphics are corrupted on modern versions of Windows. See Corrupted graphics.
- PC version is based off the Xbox version, which is missing blood effects on clothing and skin.
- Scarface Wiki - A wiki about the Scarface universe
|Retail|| SecuROM 7 DRM disc check.
Russian copies use StarForce 3 DRM[Note 1] instead.
- StarForce DRM for this game does not work on some versions of Windows (see above for affected versions).
- Collector's Edition was not released for PC.
- This game is no longer available digitally.
- Fixes some corrupted graphics.
- Improves performance.
- Allows all resolutions to be selected.
- Works only with latest retail version 1.00.2.
- It's required to delete configuration files in order for the game to launch with this fix, make sure that the game didn't created a secondary configuration files location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node.
- If the game displays a black screen after changing resolution, simply hit "enter" as soon as the black screen shows up, you'll hear a sound, then press alt-f4 in order to close, and restart the application with your selected resolution.
- Most NPCs textures have been enhanced, with Tony face/suits/models remastered and color corrected.
- All the missing effects from the PS2/Wii release have been restored, with alternative PS2/WII gun sparks.
- New background music and cut effects for some cutscenes.
- Added XInput controller support.
- Lots of textures ranging from adverts to billboards have been enhanced.
- Lacks the blood effect on Tony's face and clothes.
- Lacks multilingual support.
- The project is still in beta.
Skip intro videos
|Use Scarface intro skip|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution for unlisted resolutions.|
|Multi-monitor||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See Widescreen resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Use 3D Ripper DX.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Up to 16x.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Up to 16x MSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||On by default. Double buffered. Can be forced off through the graphics card control panel.|
|120+ FPS||120 FPS breaks the game's physics (i.e. Tony's movement speed).|
|Edit registry keys|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Only one layout.|
|Mouse acceleration||Negative mouse acceleration. Can't be disabled.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||See XInput-compatible controllers.|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Generic/other controllers||DirectInput controllers are supported.|
- XInput triggers can't be assigned to actions by default.
|Use XInput to DInput translator|
|Separate volume controls||Music, SFX, Dialogue|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Only available in Russian retail copy.|
|Polish||Only available in Polish retail copy.|
Controls reset after dying
|Use dgVoodoo 2|
Workaround for Mouse Acceleration
|Mouse acceleration is worse at higher polling rates. Use a 125 Hz mouse or lower your mouse's polling rate through hardware or software options.|
Run the game at screen refresh rate
- The game defaults to a 60 Hz refresh rate. Enforcing a 60 FPS cap is still recommended.
|Override refresh rate set by game|
Low frame rate
Game won't start on Windows 7 and above
|Download 3D Ripper DX|
Can't load saved games, red square without prompts when trying to load saved profiles
|Unplug any gamepads/controllers connected before launching the game|
|Shader Model support||3.0|
|Operating system (OS)||2000||XP SP2|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
|Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
AMD Athlon 64 3600+
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2.9 GB||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon 9200 |
Nvidia GeForce FX 5500
128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|ATI Radeon X800
Nvidia GeForce 6800
256 MB of VRAM
- This version of StarForce DRM does not work on Windows Vista or later. For supported versions of Windows the StarForce driver may need to be updated manually using SFUPDATE.
- When running this game without Administrator elevation, 32-bit programs writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Missing Blood Effects - last accessed on 2018-05-28
- Windows Vista support - StarForce Support
- Windows 7 support - StarForce Support
- Windows 8.1 support - StarForce Support
- Windows 10 support - StarForce Support
- Verified by User:Silent on 2020-03-28
- Verified by User:Blackbird on March 29, 2019
- Verified by User:AlRayes BRN on 2019-11-25
- Injecting scarface_dinput.dll · Issue #1 · aap/XDinput
- VOGONS • View topic - WIP versions
- Verified by User:Keith on 2019-10-27