Moderator role description - encoding of the rules that a moderator must follow.
General description The role of a moderator on PCGamingWiki is:
- Be an active member that supports and develops PCGamingWiki's goals
- Regularly scan recently changed pages for issues
- Enforce editing guide, code of conduct
- Handle and escalate disputes (see dispute resolution)
- Must be passionate about the PCGamingWiki project
- Display professional behaviour - no swearing, political views, etc.
- Act professionally when mentioning PCGamingWiki when active in other websites/communities
- Be regularly active on the wiki
- Discord - must be signed in and check regularly
- Trello - must be signed in and check regularly
- Secure passwords
- Do not abuse authority
- Moderators are expected to be active
- Allowance periods of absence of several months, providing prior notice
- If moderators are inactive without notice for more than 6 months, then admin privileges will be revoked
- Moderators are recruited on a case-by-case basis
- Interview with Andytizer
Previous moderator contributions
- Page to show previous moderators and appreciation of their contributions? For example if we have a moderator on staff for several years, I'd like this to be acknowledged.
If you are interested in joining the ranks of the moderators please get in touch with Andytizer.