Need for Speed: ProStreet
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
(Redirected from Need for Speed: Pro Street)
|EA Black Box|
|Windows||November 13, 2007|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|Vehicles||Automobile, Street racing|
|Series||Need for Speed|
|⤏ Go to series page|
|The Need for Speed||1994|
|Need for Speed II||1997|
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (series)|
|Need for Speed: High Stakes||1999|
|Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed||2000|
|Need for Speed: Underground (series)|
|Need for Speed: Most Wanted (series)|
|Need for Speed: Carbon||2006|
|Need for Speed: ProStreet||2007|
|Need for Speed: Undercover||2008|
|Need for Speed: Shift (series)|
|Need for Speed: World||2010|
|Need for Speed: The Run||2011|
|Need for Speed Rivals||2013|
|Need for Speed (2016)||2016|
|Need for Speed Payback||2017|
|Need for Speed: Edge||2017|
|Need for Speed Heat||2019|
|Need for Speed Unbound||2022|
- The continue button has been permanently broken after the online servers were taken down, rendering the game almost unplayable without a fix. See NFS Pro Street Generic Fix.
- Patch 1.1 caps the frame rate at 30 FPS. To remove the cap, see NFS Pro Street Generic Fix.
- All versions require SecuROM V7 DRM.
- This game is no longer available digitally.
- DLC was not released for PC, but it can be accessed with NFSPS Extra Options (free DLC cars) or NFSPS Multi Unlocker (original DLC cars prices).
NFS Pro Street Generic Fix
- Fixes the continue button freeze and other causes of crashes
- Uncaps FPS in patch 1.1 version
- Adds automatic resolution detection and windowed mode
- Requires Patch 1.1
- Latest patch can be found here. Download the correct version. Patch 1.1 caps the frame rate at 30 FPS.
Skip intro videos
|Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix|
|Delete/rename video files|
- NFSPS Extra Options - Script mod which improves the gaming experience in many ways.
- NFSPS HD Reflections - Changes resolution and level of detail of reflections.
- NFSPS HD User Interface - A recreation of the original UI textures in HD.
- Invisible Exhausts and Engine Textures fixes - Fixes invisible textures and normal maps for car's engines and exhausts.
- Aero_'s ProStreet Camera Mod - Changes camera positioning, improves disorienting movement, viewing angles and sense of speed.
- Dodge Challenger Concept, Gallardo Superleggera, McLaren F1, Porsche 911 GT3 997 and Audi R8 fixes.
Controller support improvements (NFS XtendedInput)
- Improves gamepad support by implementing native XInput support into the game
- Reimplements console-like controls with replacing zoom in/out function to its Xbox 360 counterpart
- Xbox and PlayStation prompts are both supported
- Controls are reset to default
- NFS Pro Street Generic Fix can optionally save all registry settings to an .ini file as well as store user files in a specified folder
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed ProStreet\[Note 1]|
Save game data location
Save game cloud syncing
|OneDrive||Requires enabling backup of the Documents folder in OneDrive on all computers.|
|Widescreen resolution||Up to 1920x1200 only. Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix for automatic resolution detection and proper HUD scaling.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Racer_S's fix, 5040x1050 only|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use NFSPS HUD Adapter.|
|4K Ultra HD||Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Sample rate not specified.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Available options vary between graphics cards. Only up to 4x is reliably available.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Patch 1.1 caps the frame rate at 30 FPS. Origin version is not affected.
Use NFS Pro Street Generic Fix to remove the cap.
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
Disable motion blur
|Disable motion blur|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Most in-race functions can be remapped. Menu mappings are unchangeable.|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse not used in-game|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|Controller remapping||Same range of remappable functions as for Keyboard.|
|Controller sensitivity||Supports sensitive triggers and analog sticks on Xbox 360 gamepads.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||They can be remapped so it's not needed.|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|Xbox button prompts||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|DualShock button prompts||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|Light bar support|
|Generic/other controllers||Supports DirectInput-compatible controllers.|
|Controller hotplugging||Use NFS XtendedInput.|
|Haptic feedback||DirectInput only. For XInput controllers see XInput force feedback vibration in DirectInput games.|
|Separate volume controls||Sound Effect, Relative Engine, Speech, Menu Music and Race Music sliders available.|
|Surround sound||"Surround" (Most likely 5.1 Channel) and Stereo options available.|
|Subtitles||Files exist for subtitles in Cutscenes, but cannot be toggled on or off.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|English||English subtitles only available natively in Asian releases with registry edits.|
|Slovak||Fan translation, download.|
|Latin American Spanish|
|Local play||Console versions only.|
|LAN play||8||Added in Patch 1.1.|
|Online play||8||The online mode was shut down in April 2011. However, LAN servers can be connected to via IP over a WAN.|
|Self-hosting||For dedicated install Patch 1.1 and use
LAN mode not working on Windows 11
Controller deadzone issues
|Fix left stick deadzone|
Brake light only activates during ABS
|Brake light fix|
Random crashes on Nvidia GPU
|Rename the game's executable|
Activation error in Origin version
Game launches minimized and won't show up even after clicking on it
|Restart graphics driver|
Graphics settings not saving
|Run the game in administrator mode|
|Shader Model support||2.0|
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista (With latest service pack)|
|Processor (CPU)||2.5 GHz (XP)|
3.0 GHz (Vista, 7)
|2.8 GHz (XP)
3.0 GHz (Vista, 7)
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB (XP)
1 GB (Vista, 7)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||8.1 GB (Retail)|
16 GB (Download)
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce FX 5950
ATI Radeon 9500
128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 2.0 support
|Nvidia GeForce 6800
ATI Radeon X800
256 MB of VRAM
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX 9.0 compatible|
- Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but are not supported.
- Nvidia GeForce MX series are not supported.
- ↑ Applications writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to other locations based on various criterias, see the glossary page for more details.
- ↑ Solved: Need for Speed Pro Street Continue Button stop working - Answer HQ - last accessed on 2016-09-25
- ↑ Verified by User:Blackbird on 2016-09-25
- The game's input freezes randomly after finishing races.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 VOGONS • View topic - Need For Speed ProStreet 30FPS screencap, can it be removed?
- ↑ Verified by User:Blackbird on 2017-07-11
- All the crashes/freezes I had are gone.
- ↑ NFSPS HD Reflections - YouTube - last accessed on May 2023
- ↑ NFS ProStreet Camera: Original vs Mod - YouTube - last accessed on May 2023
- ↑ https://www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=17865
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 [NFSPS] Brake Light & Motion Blur - YouTube
- ↑ Need for speed pro street? - last accessed on May 2023
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 EA presents Need for Speed™ ProStreet README
- ↑ Pro Street PC servers closing
- ↑ Issue #419 · ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack
- ↑ NFSMods - Input Deadzones for Controllers - last accessed on May 2023
- ↑ Solved: Need for Speed: ProStreet - Answer HQ - last accessed on 2016-9-16
- ↑ Verified by User:Blackbird on 2016-9-16
- Holdover from EADM days.
- ↑ Verified by User:Demon272481 on 2023-03-10