Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|New World Computing|
|DOS||Inside Out Software, Inc.|
|Mac OS (Classic)||1990|
|Windows (DOSBox)||September 3, 2009|
- Characters can be imported from Might and Magic Book One: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum (see Import characters).
|Retail||Use DOSBox for DOS version.|
|GOG.com||Bundled with games 1-6. Pre-packaged with DOSBox.|
- Characters can be imported from Might and Magic Book One: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum.
|Copy ROSTER.DTA|
Where Are We
- Supported by Where are we, an automapping and reference utility.
- Supported by Grid Cartographer. Its Game Link feature assists in creating the game map. This is not an automap. From the Grid Cartographer's documentation: “This approach enhances the immersion factor by allowing you to draw the map as you perceive it, not revealing every secret ahead of time. Hidden doors remain obscured, traps are left undetected and unsprung. It's still up to you to explore and record what you see on the map as you venture forth!”
Save game data location
|Windows||<path-to-game> (mounted in DOSBox)[Note 1]|
|Mac OS (Classic)|
ROSTER.DATstores all characters; it must be present to play (an empty file with this name will also work).
ROSTER.DATalso stores the in-game settings.
|Widescreen resolution||320x200 only.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Set in Graphic Mode Setup (GOG.com) or toggle with Alt+↵ Enter.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||For DOSBox use an unofficial build (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||For DOSBox use the DOSBox Mapper (see the glossary page for other workarounds).|
|Separate volume controls||On/off only.|
|Subtitles||All dialogue is text-only.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|DOS video modes|
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||1.8 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB||1 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||20 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 7 compatible||DirectX 9 compatible|
- File/folder structure within the installation folder reflects the path(s) listed for DOS and/or PC booter game data. For the GOG.com release, file changes in DOSBox are redirected to
<path-to-game>/cloud_saves/even if GOG Galaxy is not used (this folder contains all redirected files, so some files in the
cloud_savesfolder might be temporary files or other files that do not contain saves or settings).