Lego Rock Raiders
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Data Design Interactive|
|Windows||November 15, 1999|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
|⤏ Go to series page|
|Lego Island (series)|
|Lego Creator (series)|
|Lego Racers (series)|
|Lego Rock Raiders||1999|
|Lego My Style (series)|
|Lego Alpha Team||2000|
|Lego Stunt Rally||2000|
|Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension||2003|
|Lego Star Wars (series)|
|Lego Indiana Jones (series)|
|Lego Batman (series)|
|Lego Harry Potter (series)|
|Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game||2011|
|Lego Middle-earth (series)|
|Lego Legends of Chima Online||2013|
|Lego Marvel (series)|
|The Lego Movie (series)|
|Lego Minifigures Online||2014|
|Lego Jurassic World||2015|
|Lego City Undercover||2017|
|Lego The Incredibles||2018|
|Lego Builder's Journey||2019|
- Can be modded.
- Unstable and very difficult to run on modern machines, see Installing and running the game on modern Windows.
- Brickipedia - A detailed wiki for everything Lego-related.
- Rock Raiders United - A fan forum for all of the classic Lego games. Mods and utilities can be downloaded from here, but an account is required.
- Rock Raiders United Knowledge Base - A detailed wiki for Rock Raiders and some other older Lego games.
|Retail||Original 1999 release; SafeDisc V1 DRM[Note 1].|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- The game is not available digitally.
- Re-release versions, such as the LEGO Masterpiece version, are DRM-free and don't require the CD to play, but the game's soundtrack will not play as it is Redbook audio-based.
Installing and running the game on modern Windows
- Depending on the operating system and hardware the game may run fine already after installation, or all the following steps may be needed to make it run. Before proceeding with any step run the game to test if it works first.
Configuration file(s) location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lego Media\Games\Rock Raiders
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Any resolution higher than 640x480 crashes the game.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Zoom in/out is available in top down view.|
|Windowed||See Command line parameters.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See Command line parameters.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||No frame rate cap. Some 2d animations look faster but gameplay is fine.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Music and sound effects.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Czech||Czech only release. Published by Cenega.|
|Polish||Polish only release. Published by Cenega.|
|Dutch||Spanish, Italian and Dutch were sold in a separate release.|
|Italian||Spanish, Italian and Dutch were sold in a separate release.|
|Spanish||Spanish, Italian and Dutch were sold in a separate release.|
|Danish||Danish only release.|
|Norwegian||Included in Danish release.|
|Swedish||Included in Danish release.|
|German||German only release.|
|French||Included in German release.|
|Hebrew||Hebrew only release. Text is displayed right-to-left. Published by Hed Arzi.|
|Russian||Russian only release. Published by Noviy Disk.|
|Japanese||Japanese only release. Published by Eidos Interactive.|
|Korean||Speech is in English. Published by SsangYong.|
"The program can't start because d3drm.dll is missing" error
|Add d3drm.dll to the installation folder|
"No DirectX 3D accelerator could be found"
- This also fixes cutscenes not playing and a low FPS issue.
|Setup the game compatibility settings|
Crash when launching the game
|Force the game to emulate RGB for Voodoo 2 cards|
The installer on the CD doesn't work
|Use alternate installer|
|Extract the game files manually|
Command line parameters
- See command line arguments on how to use the following options.
- A full list is available at the Rock Raiders United Knowledge Base, but here are the major ones:
|-cleansaves||Deletes all saved games.|
|-programmer||Allows the LEGO Media movie to be skipped.|
|-testlevels||Unlocks every level.|
|-window||Allows the game to be launched in a window when in 16-bit color mode.|
|-ftm||This makes the video card use all available texture memory. Also turns off game lighting. Lighting still affects game models.|
|-fvf||Causes models and level terrain in the distance to fade into a gradual fog effect rather than cutting off abruptly at the draw distance boundary.|
|-debug||Allows resolutions up to 1024x768, but crashes on everything greater than 640x480.|
|-reducesamples||Disables some non-streamed sound effects.|
- Original game installer would create two shortcuts:
- LEGO Rock Raiders - Standard with parameters
-best -reducesamples -reduceanimation -reducepromeshes -reduceflics -reduceimages.
- LEGO Rock Raiders - Enhanced with parameters
|Operating system (OS)||95||98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium MMX 200 MHz||Intel Pentium II MMX 400 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB||64 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||150 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 4 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 6.1 compatible
|32 MB of VRAM|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without Administrator elevation, 32-bit programs writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16