From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||September 26, 1997|
|Vehicles||Automobile, Bicycle, Helicopter, Track racing, Truck|
|Subseries of Lego|
|Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge||2001|
|Island Xtreme Stunts||2002|
- Modern systems need workarounds for some compatibility problems; see Installing on modern versions of Windows.
- Keyboard control is extremely twitchy due to the game being programmed for low framerates. Using the LEGO Island Rebuilder is recommended.
- Unofficial Lego Wiki
- Rock Raiders United - A fan forum for all of the classic Lego games.
|Retail||See Run without a CD|
- An official release of the soundtrack was never made. A project to restore the soundtrack to 44.1 kHz stereo from the original composer's backup tapes (compared to the 11.025 kHz mono found in-game) can be found on the Project Island website.
- The Italian release uses SecuROM DRM copy protection .
- This game is not available digitally.
- Allows for frame rate capping, patching the notoriously-twitchy keyboard controls, and music replacement.
- Runs on hardware near-contemporaneous with the original release; see Frame rate (FPS)
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use dgVoodoo 2.53 to force wide screen resolution|
|4K Ultra HD||Use dgVoodoo 2.53 to force wide screen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Edit the registry or use ICU Windower. This feature is incomplete; it always uses the same rendering mode regardless of what is chosen.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|120+ FPS||See Frame rate (FPS).|
- The game locks its framerate 90 FPS when exploring the world and either 30 or 90 FPS in certain indoor environments.
- Since the game was never intended to run this fast (it was designed with 10 FPS in mind), many timer issues also arise as a result; for example, turning is very sensitive and many of the animations run too fast. A 30FPS cap is recommended, to prevent animations from running too fast.
|Cap the framerate|
|Use LEGO Island Rebuilder|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Published by Noviy Disk in 2002|
Installing on modern versions of Windows
|Use alternate installer|
|Install with workarounds|
Progress Doesn't Save
|Close the game with Alt+F4|
Run without a CD
|Change the cdpath registry value|
|Operating system (OS)||95||98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 120 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||16 MB||32 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||20 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||Direct3D-compatible|
- When running this game without Administrator elevation, 32-bit programs writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).