Just Dance 2017
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Windows||October 27, 2016|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase, Subscription gaming service|
|Just Dance Now||2014|
|Just Dance 2017||2016|
- Requires the Just Dance Controller application to be able to play, scores are not saved if the webcam is used.
- It is only possible to access the songs from “Just Dance Unlimited” through mods, as the subscription and servers no longer have support.
- Graphic settings limited to "Full screen" and "Windowed Mode"
- Based on the 8th generation console versions, which have content like "Just Dance Machine"
- There are mods that add music from the new just dances to this version.
|Green Man Gaming (unavailable)|
|Humble Store (unavailable)|
|Ubisoft Store (unavailable)|
Steam version freezing on launch
- The Steam version is likely to fail to start and end up on a black screen. This is due to the Steam DRM intervening with the game. Use the Goldberg Emulator to bypass the Steam DRM and fix the issue.
- Download the file and extract it.
- Inside the folder, copy "steam_api.dll"
- Paste it inside the game's directory, likely in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Just Dance 2017" and replace the existing file.
|One-time game purchase||The game requires an upfront purchase to access.|
|Subscription||Just Dance Unlimited|
|Unlock||With Just Dance Unlimited, a repertoire of songs could be unlocked, the subscription is no longer available.|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|4K Ultra HD||You can only set the game to 4K if the monitor is configured to a 4K resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|High-fidelity upscaling||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||The interface runs at more than 120 FPS but the videos are pre-recorded.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Only for menu.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|Generic/other controllers||Just Dance Controller|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Only for Menu.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio||The game uses licensed songs with no option to change to other songs|
|English||Lyrics are displayed in Romaja for Korean songs and Romaji for Japanese songs.|
Requires Just Dance Controller
Online Services Shut down on 3 July, 2023 
|Operating system (OS)||7 SP1||8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5 750 3.3 GHz|
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||16 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 |
AMD Radeon HD 5850
1 GB of VRAM
DirectX 11 compatible
- A 64-bit system is required.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/446560/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (446560) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.