Glossary:Refresh Rate (Hz)
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
Graphics and video
- Field of view (FOV)
- Borderless fullscreen windowed
- Anisotropic filtering (AF)
- Anti-aliasing (AA)
- Vertical sync (Vsync)
- Frame rate (FPS)
- High dynamic range (HDR)
- Color blind mode
- High refresh rate allows for much smoother gameplay.
- Some games use nonstandard refresh rates.
- Refresh rate determines maximum FPS when Vertical sync (Vsync) is enabled.
Force a custom refresh rate
|See Special K > Refresh rate (Hz) for instructions.|
DirectX registry override
- This tweak will force DirectX games to run in your monitor's refresh rate.
- Use this tweak if some games default to a 24Hz refresh rate on your HDTV.
|Forcing refresh rate via DirectX registry entries|