From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Genocide: Remixed Version||1999|
- Built-in level editor.
- Game was re-released as Genocide: Remixed Version in 1999 running on an updated engine.
- Demos are available here.
Configuration file(s) location
Config.cfgfile is encrypted.
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Only 320x200 or 320x240 are available. Use dgVoodoo 2 and zoom out to fake higher resolution.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Camera can be zoomed in/out using in-game controls. Use dgVoodoo 2 to avoid pixelisation when zooming out.|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||On by default, no option to disable.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Locked to 50 FPS, change in framerate affects game speed.|
Pixelisation when zooming out
- By default the game will look very pixelated when zooming out. By using dgVoodoo 2 to force higher resolution this can be avoided and player will be able to see larger area clearly.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Only lasts while the game is running, not saved permanently.
Player can run by holding ⇧ Shift.
|Mouse input in menus||Mouse input is available in the level editor.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||CD music volume control is available, but game has no CD music itself.|
|Subtitles||No talking in game.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Red Book CD audio||On Windows, CD music might not play correctly; see the troubleshooting guide for solutions.|
Broken settings and save system
- Not all settings in the options menu are saved permanently, player has to change the controls and brightness each time the game is run.
- Save game doesn't save player status or inventory. Game will use the last in-game values when reloading the game.
Reduced game brightness
- At some points in levels the game brightness is greatly reduced for no apparent reason. Player can move away from those points then save and load the game to return the brightness to normal levels.
- When starting a new level sometimes the sound can get corrupt, probably because the sound effects from previous level were not turned off. Player should exit the game completely and run it again.
- Game doesn't start because
d3drm.dllfile is missing from the computer.
|Operating system (OS)||95|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium (90 MHz)||Intel Pentium (133 MHz)|
|System memory (RAM)||16 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||35 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 5 compatible|
- Verified by User:Antrad on March 9, 2020
- ReadMe file.