|Windows||October 1, 2008|
|macOS (OS X)||October 2012|
|Linux||July 25, 2014|
- In 2012 the store changed its name from Good Old Games to GOG.com.
- DRM: DRM-free with an optional client. For games bundling the client by default, the DRM-free downloads ("classic game installers") are available by choosing More, Classic Installers on the My Collection page. Some games require third-party accounts for online features.
- Two-factor login authentication: via email
- Local Prices Update topics: EN, RU, FR
- Topics: Games that are *unofficially* confirmed for release on GOG in the future
- Topic: Games that need Galaxy for multiplayer
- GOG Reclaim: Some games sold through third parties activate on GOG.com; see the related page for details.
- GOG Connect: Some games can be redeemed for free on GOG.com by linking a Steam account. Support article.
- GOG Connect: Steam account can't be unlinked, and games can only be redeemed for a limited time, a process that requires the user to log in and take action. See the FAQ page for more details.
- Some games that are being sold may not be updated to their most recent versions. These games are listed here gogMix (archived), changes and information can be found in this forum discussion.
- Official Store
- Official Support and direct link for contacting technical support.
- Official Forums and Community Wishlist
- User Agreement and FAQs
- Adalia Fundamentals – various fixes for the forum and site.
- GOG Database – Unofficial database.
- PCGamingWiki's Enhancement Project
- 1 Chronology
- 2 GOG Installer
- 3 GOG Galaxy
- 4 Alternatives for Linux
- 5 Issues fixed
- 6 Other information
- 7 Sales
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
- October 1, 2008 – Good Old Games was launched.
- December 9, 2013 – Announcing Our New Guarantee!
- June 4, 2014 – Announcement Galaxy. News
- August 19, 2014 – GOG.com Now Supports Linux!
- August 27, 2014 – Introducing GOG.com DRM-Free Movies
- November 07, 2014 – Running French language
- December 05, 2014 – GOG.com Galaxy closed alpha
- February 26, 2015 – Running German language
- May 5, 2015 – GOG.com started publishing games. News
- April 2, 2015 – Running Russian language. News and first topic on sub-forum.
- April 11, 2015 – Achievement Unlocked: 1000 Digital Boxes
- June 7, 2016 – Introducing GOG Connect
- August 24, 2016 – Running Brazilian Portuguese language
- March 22, 2017 - April 25, 2017 – GOG Galaxy - Biggest update yet marks the end of beta and is now live!
- April 26, 2017 – Introducing the new navigation system on GOG.com - GOG.com
- June 1, 2017 – 2000 games on catalogue.
- June 22, 2017 – Running Chineese language.
- October 24, 2017 – Running Polish language.
- April 30, 2018 – Introducing GOG Profiles - GOG.com
- July 16, 2018 - Brazil leaves the resource
- October 1, 2018 - the first ten years passed. News
- February 26, 2019 - News: Conclusion of the Fair Price Package program.
GOG Installers are based on InnoSetup and have offline and online variants.
- Does not have a Linux version, however there are various alternatives.
Galaxy Cloud is a feature of the GOG Galaxy client that allows save data for some games to be synced to the cloud. The store allows the user to filter games by whether or not they support cloud saves. A list of supported games can be found here.
- Free and built-in with the GOG Galaxy client.
Alternatives for Linux
! Name !! Notes |- | Lutris || style="text-align: left;"|
- Can also act as a client for games and emulators.
- Provides community-maintained scripts for installing games on Wine.
- Can provide different Wine version for specific games.
- Can install multiple editions of Wine, including community ones.
- May be a difficult to manually install a game with it.
|- | Minigalaxy || style="text-align: left;"|
- Allows you to select the language to download games in.
Games or items missing from library
|Refresh the account state with this page|
Can't extract BINs manually
- Newer multi-part Windows installers cannot be extracted with innounp or innoextract due to using password-protected RAR archives (
- Archive protection is due to be removed.
|Use extraction script|
Change a game's language (GOG Galaxy)
|Go To The Settings Tab|
Verify & Repair (GOG Galaxy)
|Verify & Repair|
Enable Rollback (GOG Galaxy)
- Allows you to install a previous version of the game if the latest one breaks something.
- If an update is available, you have to manually install it.
|Change To Manual Update|
- This can be useful for games that support Galaxy-exclusive features, such as multiplayer or cloud saves.
- Most big sales, let you redeem a free game, depending on how many experience points you get by buying the game or doing objectives.
Sales on GOG.com happen on a regular basis. There are weekly sales that start on Mondays at 3 PM CE(S)T, mid-week sales that start on Wednesdays at 3 PM CE(S)T, and weekend sales that start on Fridays at 3 PM CE(S)T, and are usually themed. They end on the next Monday right as the new weekly sale begins. Sometimes, extra sales may occur, usually themed around a single franchise or publisher.
Big sales usually happen a week or two before Steam's, along with single games every day.
- Minimum requirements for the optional GOG Galaxy client.
|Operating system (OS)||8|
|System memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.12 (Sierra)|
|System memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
- GOG (Good Old Games) to offer classic PC DRM-free games for download
- Problems with GOG Connect - possible fixes - last accessed on 2021-02-22
- On GNU/Linux, has anyone be able to extract the RAR InnoSetup installers?, page 1 - Forum - GOG.com
- On GNU/Linux, has anyone be able to extract the RAR InnoSetup installers?, page 24 - Forum - GOG.com