|Windows||October 1, 2008 |
|macOS (OS X)||October 2012|
|Linux||July 25, 2014|
- As of 2012, the store changed its name from Good Old Games to GOG.com, no longer being an acronym.
- DRM: DRM-free with an optional client. For games bundling the client by default, the DRM-free downloads ("classic game installers") are available by choosing More, Classic Installers on the My Collection page. Some games require third-party accounts for online features.
- Two-factor login authentication: via email
- Local Prices Update topics: EN, RU, FR
- Topics: Games that are *unofficially* confirmed for release on GOG in the future
- Topic: Games that need Galaxy for multiplayer and the ones that don't.
- GOG Reclaim: Some games sold through third parties activate on GOG.com; see the  page for details.
- GOG Connect: Some games can be redeemed for free on GOG.com by linking a Steam account. Support article.
- Redeem a free backup PC copy of The Witcher 1-2 Backup page.
- GOG Galaxy: Contains a 0-day privilege escalation vulnerability, CVE-2020-24574. The vulnerability was reported for v2.0.13 in May 2020 and is unfixed as of v2.0.35 in January 2021.
- GOG Connect: Steam account can't be unlinked, and games can only be redeemed for a limited time, a process that requires the user to log in and take action. See the FAQ page for more details.
- Some games that are being sold may not be updated to their most recent versions. These games are listed here gogMix (archived), changes and information can be found in this forum discussion.
- Fair Price Package program is ended.
- Official Store
- Official Support and direct link for contacting technical support.
- Official Forums and Community Wishlist
- User Agreement and FAQs
- Adalia Fundamentals – various fixes for the forum and site.
- GOG Database – Unofficial database.
- PCGamingWiki's Enhancement Project
- 1 Chronology
- 2 GOG Installer
- 3 Galaxy Cloud
- 4 GOG on Linux
- 5 Issues fixed
- 6 Other information
- 7 Sales
- 8 System requirements
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
- October 1, 2008 – Resource launch.
- December 9, 2013 – Announcing Our New Guarantee!
- June 4, 2014 – Announcement Galaxy. News
- August 19, 2014 – GOG.com Now Supports Linux!
- August 27, 2014 – Introducing GOG.com DRM-Free Movies
- November 07, 2014 – Running French language
- December 05, 2014 – GOG.com Galaxy closed alpha
- February 26, 2015 – Running German language
- May 5, 2015 – GOG.com started publishing games. News
- April 2, 2015 – Running Russian language. News and first topic on sub-forum.
- April 11, 2015 – Achievement Unlocked: 1000 Digital Boxes
- June 7, 2016 – Introducing GOG Connect
- August 24, 2016 – Running Brazilian Portuguese language
- March 22, 2017 - April 25, 2017 – GOG Galaxy - Biggest update yet marks the end of beta and is now live!
- April 26, 2017 – Introducing the new navigation system on GOG.com - GOG.com
- June 1, 2017 – 2000 games on catalogue.
- June 22, 2017 – Running Chineese language.
- October 24, 2017 – Running Polish language.
- April 30, 2018 – Introducing GOG Profiles - GOG.com
- July 16, 2018 - Brazil leaves the resource
- October 1, 2018 - the first ten years passed. News
- February 26, 2019 - News: Conclusion of the Fair Price Package program.
GOG Installers are based on the InnoSetup and are offered in 2 versions currently
Galaxy Cloud is a feature of the GOG Galaxy client that allows save game data to synced to the Cloud. This feature is made available to the public in version 1.2. List of games that support cloud synching can be filtered on the store or very first list of Galaxy Cloud games can be seen on this page.
Although Universal Cloud Saves in Galaxy Client needs to be implemented by the developer, some games Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic III, or Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines received the first time save syncing in the cloud .
- Free and built-in with the GOG Galaxy client.
- Automatically backs up saves on supported games.
- Not every game is supported.
GOG on Linux
- Official client GOG Galaxy does not support Linux yet.
While the Galaxy client for Linux is still in development, an unofficial client for GOG has been created using Python, while using LGOGDownloader to download any game through the old API used by the GOG Downloader. The client features the built-in launcher for each game, integration with Wine, DOSBox and SCUMMVM and configure it for the specific game, applying community patches and more. It is currently in a Prototype state, but usable and installation is very simple by just running the
install.sh script, make sure to download the required dependencies to get it to work properly (Besides Wine).
A simple GOG client for Linux that lets you download and play your GOG Linux games.
- Client Lets log in with your GOG account, download the Linux games you own on GOG and launch them.
- Allows select in which language you'd prefer to download your games.
- Doesn't support installing games meant for other platforms.
GameHub allows to view, download, install, run and uninstall games from supported sources. GOG is one from official sources among Steam, Humble Bundle and Humble Trove.
- Application supports non-native games as well as native games for Linux. It supports multiple compatibility layers for non-native games: Wine / Proton, DOSBox, RetroArch and ScummVM.
Lutris is a gaming client for Linux. It gives access to video games and has integration with GOG store which allows to import existing game library and community maintained install scripts which provides a completely automated setup.
- Supports multiple runners (programs managed by Lutris that can run games) including Wine which is letting to run Windows versions of games bought in GOG.
- Can run official GOG Galaxy 2.0 client using Wine runner (DXVK + esync + fsync + game fixes).
Games or items missing from library
|Refresh the account state with this page|
Can't extract BINs manually
- Newer multi-part Windows installers cannot be extracted with innounp or innoextract due to using password-protected RAR archives (
- Archive protection is due to be removed.
|Use extraction script|
Change a game's language (GOG Galaxy)
|Go To The Settings Tab|
Verify & Repair (GOG Galaxy)
|Verify & Repair|
Enable Rollback (GOG Galaxy)
- Allows you to install the previous version of the game in case if the recent one breaks it.
- If an update is available, you have to manually install it.
|Change To Manual Update|
Create game shortcut that launches with GOG Galaxy (Windows)
|Use Command line arguments|
- Most big sales, let you redeem a free game, depending on how many experience points you get by buying the game or doing objectives.
Sales on GOG.com happen in regular basis, the most recent one called Weekly Sale, which starts in each Monday at 11 AM GMT, additional games are added to it in each Friday at the same hour the sale starts. Big sales usually happen a week or two before Steam's happens and adds themed bundles on sale, along with single games in every day. The best moment to redeem Steam games to GOG.com via GOG Connect is when the sale is coming to an end.
|Operating system (OS)||7 SP1|
|System memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
|Video card (GPU)||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Operating system (OS)||10.11 (El Capitan)|
|System memory (RAM)|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|
- Use the unofficial GOG Database to determine the game ID.
- GOG (Good Old Games) to offer classic PC DRM-free games for download
- Biggest update yet marks the end of beta and is now live! ● GOG.com
- Problems with GOG Connect - possible fixes - last accessed on 2021-02-22
- On GNU/Linux, has anyone be able to extract the RAR InnoSetup installers?, page 1 - Forum - GOG.com
- On GNU/Linux, has anyone be able to extract the RAR InnoSetup installers?, page 24 - Forum - GOG.com