This page is for the original 2004 release. For the episodic, reworked version, see Fate/stay night (Realta Nua).
|Windows||January 30, 2004|
|Themes||Adult, Contemporary, Supernatural|
|Subseries of Nasuverse|
|Fate/stay night (Realta Nua)||2011|
|Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star||2017|
The game is the first installment of the Fate series of the Nasuverse. It was originally released in Japan on January 30, 2004 with its First Print Limited Edition release, followed by a standard edition that was released on March 26 the same year. The game later received subsequent re-releases on PlayStation 2, PC, Vita, iOS, and Android as Fate/stay night (Réalta Nua), which removed the adult content from the original game, thus changing some story scenes to reflect on these changes, but featured new content that was exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version until its 2011 PC version. The original 2004 game was re-released along with its sequel, Fate/hollow ataraxia, as part of the Fate/stay night＋hollow ataraxia Set for the series' 10th anniversary in 2014 and was reprinted in 2019.
Despite this game not being released outside of Japan, a fan-made English patch by visual novel translation group mirror moon is available.
|Retail||2004 prints were released on 3 CDs, the 2006 reprint was released on a single DVD and the 2019 reprint was available only as a DMM.com key. See Run without disc.|
- A trial version is available from the developer's website.
Run without disc
- An official "NoCD" executable for the 2004 release can downloaded from the developer's website here. This executable is not needed when installing mirror moon's English patch which removes the disc check for the CD and DVD releases.
- mirror moon's English patch also has the option to port over the fully-voiced dialogue from the PlayStation 2 Réalta Nua version into the original 2004 game, provided the user has the PlayStation 2 disc.
|How to install the English patch|
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||800x600 only.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Main, BGM, SFX.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Fan translated by mirror moon; see English patch.|
|Italian||An Italian fan translation by Riffour is available here. Both SFW and NSFW versions are available.|
|Japanese||See English patch on how to install voice-overs with the English translation.|
- The sex scenes are censored in the original Fate/stay night. Thorny Rose Studios has created a mod designed to work with mirror moon's English translation patch that removes the mosaic censorship of the game's sex scenes.
- This mod includes a folder containing a comparison of the censored and decensored versions of game's sex scenes, however, some scene in comparisons contain spoilers, so view them at your own discretion.
|How to install the Uncensor Mod|
|Operating system (OS)||98, ME, 2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 400 MHz||Intel Pentium III 800 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||98/ME: 128 MB
2000: 192 MB
XP: 256 MB
|98/ME: 256 MB
2000: 384 MB
XP: 512 MB
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.7 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Display supporting 800x600 resolution and 65535 colors. |
DirectX 5.0 compatible
|DirectX 7.0 compatible|
|Sound (audio device)||DirectSound-compatible sound card with PCM playback support.|
- Verified by User:AmethystViper on 2020-10-25
- I have used this patch previously years ago before knowing about the Réalta Nua version on PC. This patch also removes the disc check in the DVD reprints, and the patch also recognized the disc image of the PlayStation 2 Réalta Nua version mounted with WinCDEmu.
- Told in the Uncensor Mod's readme file.