|Windows||February 14, 2019|
Year 2199. Assemble an elite crew and make allies to combat a shadowy organization threatening the future of humanity. Face overwhelming odds with strategy. Make your choices and save us from extinction.
Element: Space is a brand new take on turn-based tactical squad RPGs set two-hundred years in the future. As Captain Christopher Pietham, you will lead your crew into battle in order to save humanity from extinction! Travel to the far reaches of spaces, recruit allies, gather equipment and combat deadly enemies. In battle, you will have to strategically maneuver your squad, utilize cover, flank your enemies and combine your companions’ skills and unique abilities for deadly effect! Choosing when to engage your enemies up close and when to pick them off from afar will be critical for gaining the upper-hand. Your ideological decisions will mark how the rest of the Galaxy perceives you. Make sure to forge strong political alliances to ensure your victory in the final confrontation. You hold the fate of the Galaxy in your hands. Good luck, Captain!
Element: Space features a battle system full of deep strategy:
• Engage in challenging turn-based combat and real-time exploration.
• Approach complex, team-based tactics by combining character skills with free-form movement.
• Outfit your squad from a selection of 32 melee and ranged weapons that allow for different play styles and strategies.
• Unlock items and weapons by gaining reputation with the galaxy’s factions.
• Grow your characters through their unique branching upgrade trees – no two characters are the same!
• Battle against a wide range of enemy units and squads.
• Factions’ combat perks combine with their units to challenge the player in different ways throughout the game.
The single-player campaign offers:
• A fully-realized universe with a detailed and extensive history.
• Seven explorable factions, each inspired by distinct cultures and traditions, offering their own units, tactics, architectures and perspectives.
• Eight possible companions, each with their own extensive backstory and narrative arc. Help them achieve their personal goals in order to unlock their secret perk and maximize their potential in battle.
• 24 handcrafted levels, each designed to provide unique combat experiences. No procedural content.
• A nuanced ideological system that tracks your decisions and actions throughout the game, affecting your reputation with factions, your character roster, and more.
• Multiple endings – from your reputation with different factions to your relationship with your party, every decision you make will shape the destiny of the galaxy.
• High replayability. Each playthrough will allow you to see new missions, party-members and storylines. The wide range of equipment, skills, perks and companions permits for very different playstyles game to game.
• Extinction Mode: Hardcore mode for those looking for an extra challenge.
• 12 to 15 hours of playtime per playthrough.
• Humor in the style of the action-adventure sci-fi movies you loved in the 80’s and 90’s.
About the Team:
Sixth Vowel is an independent developer based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with a commitment to making challenging, entertaining and narrative-rich games.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Latin American Spanish|
|Operating system (OS)||7||10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3-4170||Intel Core i5-7600K|
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||10 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti |
AMD Radeon HD 7770
DirectX 11 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
AMD Radeon RX 580
DirectX 12 compatible
- A 64-bit system is required.
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/887370/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (887370) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.