Dynasty Warriors 6
|Windows||July 11, 2008|
|Genres||Hack and slash|
|Series||Dynasty Warriors, Warriors|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
It was the first Warriors game to be released on PlayStation 3 in Japan as Shin Sangokumusou 5 (Japanese: 真・三國無双5) on November 11, 2007.
PC version was release first in Japan on July 11, 2008, followed by Europe region on October 2008, South Korea as Jin Samgug Mussang 5 (Korean: 진・삼국무쌍5) on November 20, 2008, North America on November 24, 2008, and Taiwan region as Zhen San Guo Wu Shuang 5 (Traditional Chinese: 真‧三國無雙5) on July 2, 2009.
The game is non-playable due to SafeDisc DRM no longer works unless with patching which might cause the system to be exposed to known security vulnerabilities.
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- A demo is available here.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\KOEI\<Localized Dynasty Warriors 6>\inputmap*.dat|
- General settings are stored in save data while keyboard input settings are stored in the above path.
Save game data location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\KOEI\<Localized Dynasty Warriors 6>\Savedata\save.dat|
|Widescreen resolution||It is not possible to directly select a specific resolution without scrolling through the options. To make matters worse, resolution switches happen immediately upon changing the selection.|
|4K Ultra HD||Maximum resolution is 1920x1200.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Can only be enabled in full-screen mode.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|120+ FPS||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Two local players are supported, with dual keyboard and controller bindings for each.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput controllers are supported and allow for analog character/camera controls.|
|Full controller support||In menus, button for Musou attacks confirms (B on an Xbox controller) and button for Jump cancels (A button).|
|Controller remapping||Default bindings are incorrect for an Xbox-style controller and cause menu lock unless manually remapped (pause/cancel loop).|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Camera control axis inversion available for both x- and y- axes.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Russian||Official localization by «Новый диск» (ND).|
- No middleware information; you can to add it.
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 640 x 480 with 16-bit color resolution |
Nvidia GeForce 7600
ATI Radeon X1650
128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|1280 x 720 with 24-bit color in 16:9 ratio resolution
Nvidia GeForce 9600
ATI Radeon HD 3650
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX 9.0c compatible|
|Other||DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Format 9 compatible environment|
- 真・三國無双5 - last accessed on July 14, 2021
- 真‧三國無雙5 - last accessed on July 14, 2021
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- 真・三國無双5 WINDOWS版 動作環境 - last accessed on July 14, 2021