|Windows||September 15, 2000|
|Dino Crisis 2||2002|
Dino Crisis is a singleplayer cinematic camera survival horror game by Capcom, originally released on Playstation 1 on July 1, 1999. It is one of the very few Survival Horror games released by Capcom on PS1 to use fully 3D rendered environments instead of prerendered backgrounds. The game was marketed and developed as a "panic horror" game as opposed to how Resident Evil was marketed as survival horror with the concept being for scares to be more consistent and to be more visceral like a roller coaster as opposed to a fun house. The centerpiece mechanic is that the basic enemies, dinosaurs, are tougher and more intelligent and will chase you through rooms.
- Frame rate is capped at 30 FPS. See Dino Crisis Classic REbirth.
- Limited only to a resolution of 640x480, either windowed or full screen. See Dino Crisis Classic REbirth.
- Distorted textures and wobbling polygons due to integer-based upscaling. See Dino Crisis Classic REbirth.
- Visible border artifacts on filtered textures with transparencies.
- An official Windows XP Patch by SourceNext is available here.
Dino Crisis Classic REbirth
- Replaces DirectDraw with DirectX9, fixes issues with higher resolutions (texture warping, polygon wobbling, aggressive bilinear filtering), adds adaptative screen ratio modes (widescreen and ultra-widescreen) and adds borderless windowed mode.
- Replaces DInput 5.00 with XInput, DInput 8.00 and RawInput.
- Changes framerate to stable 30/60 fps.
- Fixes audio issues and replaces DirectShow video playback with FFmpeg.
- Removes the need to run the game from its launcher (comes with a custom embedded launcher) and doesn't require the CD-ROM to be inserted at all times.
- Translates the Japanese version into English.
- Makes the game portable.
- Website also offers links for higher-quality sound and FMVs (see below).
- Requires Japanese SourceNext release.
- May require changing dpi compatibility settings to enable resolutions above 720p.
High Quality Videos
- Contains reworked videos and logos.
High Quality BGM and voices
- Adds BGM and voices from the Dreamcast version.
High Quality Textures
- Adds upscaled textures based on the Dreamcast version.
- Requires Dino Crisis Classic REbirth.
Configuration file(s) location
- Dino Crisis Classic REbirth makes the game portable.
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Multi-monitor||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|4K Ultra HD||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth. May require changing DPI compatibility settings to enable resolutions above 720p.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Locked to 640x480. Can be improved with Dino Crisis Classic REbirth.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS||Frame rate is capped at 30 FPS. Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth for 60 FPS in menus (gameplay remains at 30 FPS).|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth for more settings|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth for more settings|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Xbox button prompts||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|DualShock button prompts||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Light bar support||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Haptic feedback||Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
Fullscreen border on Windows 8 and later
|Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth for borderless mode|
Classic REbirth does not enable resolutions above 720p
|Change high DPI compatibility settings|
Low frame rate
|Run Windows Media Player|
|Use Dino Crisis Classic REbirth|
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 166 MHz||Intel Pentium III or better|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB||64 MB or more|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1 MB (with CD)||600 MB or more|
|Video card (GPU)|| DirectDraw 6.1 compatible |
640x480 High Color (16 bit)
4 MB of VRAM
|Direct3D 6.1 compatible
640x480 High Color (16 bit)
16 MB of VRAM
- ↑ Applications writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to other locations based on various criterias, see the glossary page for more details.
- ↑ When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dino Crisis PSX, Dreamcast, and PC Differences - NeoGAF - last accessed on November 30, 2016
- ↑ Verified by User:Keith on 2020-04-25