From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
- Must be connected via Bluetooth. To pair press and hold ◡ button until only two lights flash.
- Controller has 15 buttons, 2 analog sticks, 2 analog triggers, 1 touchpad. It's 2 button less than Xbox 360 Controller (missing ʙᴀᴄᴋ and sᴛᴀʀᴛ buttons).
- The Ouya controller has magnetically attached faceplates which enclose the 2 AA batteries, one on each side of the removable plates.
- Controllers touchpad can be used to control mouse.
- 1 × non-clickable 1 point capacitive touchpad: ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜᴘᴀᴅ
- 2 × clickable analog sticks: LS, RS
- 2 × analog triggers: LT, RT
- 2 × digital shoulder buttons: LB, RB
- 5 × digital action buttons: 𝐎, 𝐔, 𝐘, 𝐀, ◡
- 4 × digital directional buttons (d-pad): ↑, ↓, ←, →
- Starting early 2014, every new OUYA came with an improved controller. These new stealthily improved OUYAs are marked by the new packaging. The original packaging consists of three games on the back of the packing: Chronoblade Demo, Final Fantasy III, and an unknown game. The new OUYAs have a picture of what looks to be a family on the back, replacing the three games. These improved controllers can be found in every 2014 OUYA "Brushed Aluminum" package, and can be purchased separately on the OUYA.tv store.
- The old version of controller has a design problem where the 𝐎𝐔𝐘𝐀 buttons can sometimes get stuck behind the right faceplate. There was also a significant dead-zone issue with the left analog stick.
Use with PC platforms
- To pair with PC via bluetooth hold down the ◡ button until two center LED lights (▱▰▰▱) will start blinking. That indicates the pairing mode is on and device is ready to connect to PC.
- Connecting the controller should automatically download and install latest drivers for the controller. Touchpad will be recognized as additional mouse.
- ReWASD developers are interested to implement OUYA Controller support to their application. Software gives advanced customization options eg. reassigning buttons to keyboard or mouse actions, macros, activate custom modes, advanced touchpad support etc. 
- Acting as native DirectInput controller, it's possible to use any of the generic wrappers. See the controller article for those.
- See tutorial how to use OUYA Controller inside Steam on Arch Linux.
- Can be recognized as Xbox 360 controller but after manual assignment. Controller cannot be found in Supported Controller Database, so Steam recognizes it as standard DirectInput device.
- Not capable of making full use of Steam Input. Touchpad is not supported in configuration menu and always work as mouse touchpad.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit Y and disable video and audio streaming.
- Controller connected via USB works as expected.
- Won't work great unless you connect it to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
Support in games
- Games with generic DirectInput support are supported by the controller, however button placements may be out of place and need to be rebound. Refer to game-specific articles for rebinding support.
Games with touchpad support
For a list of games, see
- Touchpad is placed on the front of the controller, the capacitive type touchpad is a non-clickable 1-point touchpad. The functionality of the touchpad can differ from between games but usually emulates mouse. Recognized gestures: swipe and scroll.
- Mouse emulation works out of the box with basic Windows drivers.
- There is no software which allows to emulate DualShock 4's touchpad basic gestures.
- Number of games which natively support touchpad controls is limited and touchpad support is still not a PC standard.
- OUYA button prompts can be downloaded from OpenGameArt.org and can be used for free due to public domain (CC0) license.
- This is a list for games that offer DirectInput prompts.
- This problem tends to occur when using 2 controllers or more, but can also happen if the controller is more than 5 feet away from the PC. On console, Chupucabra update fixed issue, by weakening wifi to reduce controller lag when using multiple OUYA controllers. On PC it's recommended to reduce devices which are interfering on 2402~2480Mhz/channel 79.
- The old version of controller has a design problem where the 𝐎𝐔𝐘𝐀 buttons can sometimes get stuck behind the right faceplate and problems with the bottom analog triggers sticking underneath the top digital triggers.
- The solution is to file off the useless tabs that were sticking out of the digital buttons and widen the holes for the action buttons. See video tutorial or photo gallery.
- Device name: OUYA Game Controller, HWID: 2836:0001
|Controller button||Button label and axis|
|LT||Z-axis positive/Button 13|
|RT||Z-axis negative/Button 14|
|Left stick||Button 7, X-axis, Y-axis|
|Right stick||Button 8, X-rotation, Z-rotation|
|◡ button||Guide Button|
|D-pad up||Button 9|
|D-pad down||Button 10|
|D-pad left||Button 11|
|D-pad right||Button 12|