Controller:Nvidia SHIELD Controller (2017)
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|SHIELD Controller (2015)|
- Natively supported by most modern games.
- Controller has handsfree microphone and 3.5mm stereo headset jack.
- Controllers can be used wired connections (via micro USB) or wirelessly with Bluetooth.
- Battery lasts over 60+ hours before needing a recharge.
- slider (swipe up/down to increase/decrease volume)
- 2 × clickable analog sticks: LS, RS
- 2 × analog triggers: LT, RT
- 2 × digital shoulder buttons: LB, RB
- 8 × digital action buttons: 𝐀, 𝐁, 𝐗, 𝗬, ɴᴠɪᴅɪᴀ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ, sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴏᴍᴇ
- 4 × digital directional buttons (d-pad): ↑, ↓, ←, →
- Older version of controller has been released in 2015. It's larger and heavier, has physical volume control (2 buttons), capacitive touch buttons for NVIDIA home/back/start and below thumbsticks it has clickable touchpad which emulates mouse. Official drivers are disabling rumble support and require Nvidia GPU.
Use with PC platforms
- Connecting the controller should automatically download and install latest drivers for the controller.
- Custom application reWASD lets remap whole controller and works on Windows 7 or newer. Software gives advanced customization options eg. reassigning buttons to keyboard or mouse actions, macros, activate custom modes etc.
- Enables rumble support.
- NVIDIA button, Back button, Start button and Home button can be remapped.
- Allows emulate virtual DS4 controller to play PS4 Remote Play or PS Now.
- Allows emulate virtual Xbox 360 controller to play XInput compatible games.
- Not free of charge. 14-days trial.
- Volume control touchpad cannot be used yet.
- Custom configs for Nvidia Shield Controller can be found in official Community Configs Library maintained by reWASD users. It's placed in Stadia/Xbox Series X/DualSense filter.
- This controller is "Plug and Play" on most distributions of Linux.
- Xboxdrv is an alternative to the stock driver and allows many configuration options.
- Can be recognized as Xbox 360 controller but after manual reassignment. Controller cannot be found in Supported Controller Database, so Steam recognizes it as standard DirectInput device.
- Not capable of making full use of Steam Input. Blue LED is not configurable and additional buttons are not visible in configuration menu. Slider is not supported.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit 𝗬 and disable video and audio streaming.
- Won't work great unless you connect it to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
Support in games
- PC games that support the XInput standard are supported.
Games with touchpad support
- Touchpad, known as slider is placed on the front of the controller between analog sticks, the capacitive type touchpad is a non-clickable 1-point touchpad. The functionality of the touchpad can differ from between games but usually controls volume. Recognized gestures: scroll.
- There is no software which allows to remap controller's touchpad.
Games with microphone support
- Games with implemented voice chat are able to use controller's microphone, but microphone support for Nvidia SHIELD Controller is not implemented yet.
- VoiceBot and VoiceAttack allows to control games and applications by voice commands.
- List of Microphone-controllerd computer games.
- Total number of games: 2,274.
- Please note, that this is only list for games that offer XInput button prompts.
- Some may require use of Xbox 360 controller emulation. Refer to game-specific articles for details.
|Controller button||Button label and axis|
|Left stick||Button 9, X-axis, Y-axis|
|Right stick||Button 10, X-rotation, Z-rotation|
|NVIDIA button||Guide button|
|D-pad up||POV up|
|D-pad down||POV down|
|D-pad left||POV left|
|D-pad right||POV right|
|Volume control touchpad||Volume control|