Controller:Nvidia SHIELD Controller (2017)
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|SHIELD Controller (2015)|
- Natively supported by most modern games.
- Controller has handsfree microphone and 3.5mm stereo headset jack.
- Controllers can be used wired connections (via micro USB) or wirelessly with Bluetooth.
- Battery lasts over 60+ hours before needing a recharge.
- Older version of controller has been released in 2015. It's larger and heavier, has physical volume control (2 buttons), capacitive touch buttons for NVIDIA home/back/start and below thumbsticks it has clickable touchpad which emulates mouse. Official drivers are disabling rumble support and require Nvidia GPU.
Use with PC platforms
- Connecting the controller should automatically download and install latest drivers for the controller.
- This controller is "Plug and Play" on most distributions of Linux.
- Xboxdrv is an alternative to the stock driver and allows many configuration options.
- Can be recognized as Xbox 360 controller but after manual reassignment. Controller cannot be found in Supported Controller Database, so Steam recognizes it as standard DirectInput device.
- Not capable of making full use of Steam Input. Blue LED is not configurable and additional buttons are not visible in configuration menu.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit 🅨 and disable video and audio streaming.
- Won't work great unless you connect it to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
Support in games
- PC games that support the XInput standard are supported.
|Controller button||Button label and axis|
|Left stick||Button 9, X-axis, Y-axis|
|Right stick||Button 10, X-rotation, Z-rotation|
|Home button||Guide button|
|D-pad up||POV up|
|D-pad down||POV down|
|D-pad left||POV left|
|D-pad right||POV right|
|Volume control touchpad||Volume control|