From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
- Main difference between the Dualshock 1 and 2 controllers is that the face buttons are pressure sensitive on the Dualshock 2.
- PS2 emulators for PC support pressure sensitive buttons.
- Requires adapter to connect to PC.
- Lacks native XInput support, requiring the use of a XInput wrapper (see Windows) for games that do not support DirectInput or the controller natively.
- 1 Use with PC platforms
- 2 Steam
- 3 Hardware
- 4 Support in games
- 5 References
Use with PC platforms
- Acting as native DirectInput controller, it's possible to use any of the generic wrappers. See the controller article for those.
- Play.com USB adapter only
- Make sure to follow these steps in the right order, choose the appropriate system from the list.
- Do not erase the ScpServer folder after installing the wrapper, if needed it can be hidden instead.
|Windows 8 and Windows 10|
|Windows 7|
|Windows XP and Windows Vista|
- Can be recognized as Xbox 360 controller but after manual assignment. Controller cannot be found in Supported Controller Database, so Steam recognizes it as standard DirectInput device.
Steam Link compatibility
- Works natively over Mayflash PS2 Controller Adapter.
- Buttons are mapped incorrectly and must be remapped manually.
- Works without any drivers on any operating system that supports Steam.
- Can be used just to send input from a controller to a PC. Go into Streaming options, hit △ and disable video and audio streaming.
- Won't work great unless you connect it to LAN or a low latency Wi-Fi.
- Just plug and play, no driver needed.
- Compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8 32 bit and 64 bit, Windows 10.
- Only for one player.
- Directly compatible with PC. No driver needed, just plug and play.
Support in games
- Games with generic DirectInput support are supported by the controller, however button placements may be out of place and need to be rebound. Refer to game-specific articles for rebinding support.
- Please note, that this is only list for games that offer DualShock button prompts.
- Some may require use of DualShock 4, which right now isn't possible to emulate. Refer to game-specific articles for details.
|Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time||Toys for Bob
Heavy Iron Studios
|Activision||Unreal Engine 4|
|Haven||The Game Bakers||Unity|
|Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!||Vertigo Gaming||GameMaker|
|Streets of Rage 4||DotEmu
Guard Crush Games
|Guard Crush Engine
|Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin||Edelweiss||XSEED
|DIRT 5||Codemasters Cheshire||Codemasters|
|Disc Room (2020)||Kitty Calis
Jan Willem Nijman
|Carrion||Phobia Game Studio||Devolver Digital||MonoGame|
People Can Fly
|Epic Games||Unreal Engine 4|