Company:Deep Silver Volition
|August 31, 2023|
Deep Silver Volition, LLC was an American video game developer and a subsidiary of Gearbox Software.
On August 31, 2000, Volition was acquired by THQ. After THQ's bankruptcy, Volition was auctioned to Koch Media (later known as Plaion) on January 24, 2013, becoming part of its Deep Silver division. In November 2022, it was announced by Plaion's parent company, Embracer Group, that Volition would be transferred from Deep Silver to Gearbox Software, with the transfer being completed by April 4, 2023.
Following large-scale restructuring efforts by Embracer, Volition was shut down on August 31, 2023.
|Engine||Developer||Website||First release||Latest release|
|CTG||Volition||9 December||9 December|
|Geo-Mod||Volition||22 May 2001||1 April 2003|
|Geo-Mod 2.0||Volition||2 June 2009||3 July 2018|
- November – 1996 – Deep Silver Volition (retrieved) - last accessed on 2023-10-19
- Volition on LinkedIn: An update from Volition. - last accessed on 2023-09-03
- PR - 9/5/00 - THQ ACQUIRES REVOLUTIONARY GAME DEVELOPER VOLITION (retrieved) - last accessed on 2023-09-06
- "KOCH MEDIA/DEEP SILVER ACQUIRES INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS FOR SAINTS ROW & METRO, ALSO ACQUIRES NORTH AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT STUDIO VOLITION IN CLOSED THQ AUCTION" - PLAION Press Server - last accessed on 2023-09-06
- Embracer Group publishes Interim Report Q2, July-September 2022: NET SALES INCREASED BY 190 % TO SEK 9,569 MILLION, 35 % ORGANIC GROWTH - Embracer Group - last accessed on 2023-09-06
- Publications – Volition (retrieved) - last accessed on 2023-10-19