Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||December 8, 1997|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|Controls||Point and select|
|Series||Command & Conquer|
|⤏ Go to series page|
|Command & Conquer||1995|
|Command & Conquer: Red Alert||1996|
|Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor||1997|
|Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun||1999|
|Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2||2000|
|Command & Conquer: Renegade||2002|
|Command & Conquer: Generals||2003|
|Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars||2007|
|Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3||2008|
|Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising||2009|
|Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight||2010|
|Command & Conquer (2013)||Cancelled|
|Command & Conquer Remastered Collection||2020|
|Renegade X (unofficial)||EA|
- The game lost support not long after release, and the official server was shut down in 2002.
- Without a proper server replacement, the game can only be played against random bots offline.
- As of 2022, an unofficial server replacement project is in development.
- The installer is 16-bit and does not run under modern systems; programs like WinPack or UniExtract can be used to extract the needed files from
setup.zon the disc.
- Command & Conquer Wiki - A wiki for everything Command & Conquer-related
- Sole Survivor section on C&C Communications Center
- Sole Survivor section on CNCNZ.com
- Notably, this is the only PC Command & Conquer title omitted from all compilations and re-releases, both retail and digital. Only known retail versions originate from North America and Taiwan and are considered rare.
- Patch 1.05 (2c) is the latest official patch. It can be downloaded from CNCNZ.com or C&C Communications Center.
- CnC-DDraw can be used to resolve issues caused by the game's old graphics renderer. While originally intended for the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert, the common game engine allows for a common solution.
Configuration file(s) location
|Set values in cnc-ddraw.ini|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music and sound|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
The official server was shut down in 2002.
Mouse scroll speed too high regardless of setting
|Insert values in cnc-ddraw.ini|
|Operating system (OS)||95|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 90|
|System memory (RAM)||16 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||40 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||1 MB of VRAM|
- ↑ When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Global Sole Survivor - Global Coverage of C&C;: Sole Survivor - last accessed on 2022-01-12
- ↑ Sole Survivor is back online! - last accessed on 2022-01-24