Biohazard 2 (Sourcenext)
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Windows||February 17, 2006|
- Port of Biohazard 2 made for Windows 2000 / XP.
- Has improved compatibility for modern versions of Windows.
- Allows both scenarios to be played without needing to change discs.
- Has the highest quality FMVs out of any other release.
- Death scenes are censored in Original Mode.
- Latest version is 1.1.0. Save files from version 1.0 will not work with version 1.1.0.
- Translates the game into English, adds support for higher resolutions by pressing F8, adds XInput, DS3 and DS4 support, fixes some lag issues on Windows 10, fixes color space issues for the prerendered backgrounds, restores some missing audio tracks, removes censored death scenes, and allows the game to run as a portable program.
- Provides extended mod support.
- Requires version 1.1.0.
- Launch game with
-configcommand line argument in order to change options before each game launch.
- Replaces the audio in the game with higher quality sounds.
- Replaces in-game video cut-scenes with noise reduced and better quality MP4 files.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
- This is the default path used by the game. The save file location can be determined by the user by editing the SavePath value in the registry.
- CLAIRE_MAX.BIOHAZARD2 and LEON_MAX.BIOHAZARD2 are required to start a new game.
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Borderless Gaming or Gemini's patch can be used.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Force in GPU control panel.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||Game defaults incorrectly to 28.97 FPS; use Gemini's patch for the intended 30 FPS. Menus and door loading screens run at 60 FPS.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||No mouse support.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller sensitivity||Only uses digital input.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Use Gemini's patch to add support for XInput controllers.|
|Xbox button prompts||Use Gemini's patch to add XInput button prompts.|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||Use Gemini's patch via USB to add support for DS4 controllers.|
|DualShock button prompts||Use Gemini's patch to add DS4 button prompts.|
|Light bar support||Use Gemini's patch via USB to add DS4 light bar support.|
|Haptic feedback||Available via Gemini's patch.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Japanese||FMVs have subtitles that are part of the FMV itself.|
|English||Use Gemini's patch for English text.|
|Spanish||Fan translation by CiTRU5, requires Gemini's patch|
|Russian||Translation by CasperPRO, requires Gemini's patch. Voice acting by Webcoll (need to unpack to game folder and run xdelta.bat). For subtitles, unzip over fix.|
Black screen when playing FMVs
- This is generally caused by DirectShow codecs on Windows 10 being incompatible with Nvidia desktop drivers. Versions such as Windows XP do have the codecs to run the cutscenes with no issues.
|Gemini's patch makes FMV work again by replacing DirectShow with FFMPEG.|
|Operating system (OS)||2000, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz||Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.6 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 64 MB of VRAM |
DirectX 9.0c compatible
|128 MB of VRAM|
|Sound (audio device)||DirectX 9.0c compatible|
|Other||2x speed CD-ROM||4x speed CD-ROM|
- When running this game without Administrator elevation, 32-bit programs writing to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREwill be redirected to
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).