4x4 Evo 2
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
|Mac OS (Classic)||Aspyr Media|
|macOS (OS X)||Aspyr Media|
|Gathering of Developers|
|Windows||October 30, 2001|
|Mac OS (Classic)||February 28, 2002|
|macOS (OS X)||February 28, 2002|
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see Availability for affected versions).
|4x4 Evo 2||2001|
- Also known as 4x4 Evolution 2.
- Game is no longer sold. Made free in 2007. Community patch 4×4 Evo: Revolution adds support for modern resolution, vehicles, tracks and much more
- SafeDisc retail DRM no longer functions properly on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio are available with 4x4 Revolution community patch|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse sensitivity||Not used during gameplay|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Can not be used in menus|
|Controller remapping||Triggers can be assigned to throttle/brake, but do not function in-game. XInput Plus can solve the problem by remapping buttons|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||1.2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 32 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8 compatible
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16