Difference between revisions of "SimCity 3000"
|Line 325:||Line 325:|
===Missing Music in Unlimited edition===
===Missing Music in Unlimited edition===
|Line 342:||Line 347:|
with Windows .
Revision as of 15:16, 28 October 2021
|Windows||February 1, 1999|
|Mac OS (Classic)||July 1999|
|Linux||October 31, 2000|
|Perspectives||Bird's-eye view, Isometric|
|Controls||Point and select|
|Subseries of Sim|
|SimCity 2000 Network Edition||1996|
|Streets of SimCity||1997|
- Use the compatibility fixes to fix issues with the interface frame rate and windowed mode on modern versions of Windows.
|Retail||Original: SecuROM DRM for the original version|
|Retail||Unlimited: SafeDisc DRM[Note 1]|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- In May 2000, the game was re-released under different names in different regions, such as SimCity 3000 Unlimited (in North America and Oceania), SimCity 3000 Deutschland (Germany), SimCity 3000 Korea (South Korea), SimCity 3000 UK Edition (UK and Ireland) and SimCity 3000 World Edition (other countries), among others. This added, among other things, East Asian and European building sets, additional terrain colors and vegetation types, a snapshot feature, additional music, an improved version of the Building Architect Tool (a pseudo-3D design tool based on cubes), four additional disasters (such as locusts and space junk), additional landmarks (like the Seoul Tower and Helsinki Cathedral), new reward buildings, thirteen scenarios (along with an editor based on Microsoft Access) and a new FMV intro.
Skip intro videos
|Use -intro:off parameter|
Linux Python Installer
- Requires the CD of Loki Software's Linux port.
The following python script allows you to install the game into the modern Linux system much easier, which can be found here. Works only with Ubuntu and Debian or any distribution based on these two.
- The latest patch (v1.1) updates the base game and adds the Building Architect Tool. It is already implemented in Unlimited/World Edition.
- A hotfix for the French version of the World Edition is also available.
- The latest patch for the Linux version of Unlimited/World Edition is here.
Configuration file(s) location
|Mac OS (Classic)|
- It's unknown whether this game follows the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux. Please fill in this information.
Save game data location
- Cities (
*.sc3) can be saved anywhere; this is the default location.
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution and WSGF entry|
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See the WSGF entry.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Use launch parameters|
Use the command line argument
- GOG had released a modified executable file on their support page to enable widescreen resolution. Only works on the Unlimited edition. See WSGF entry for original game fix.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Ambient Sound and Sound Effects.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||DirectSound3D, EAX. Possibly A3D.|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Retail - EA Brasil|
|Russian||Unofficial translation by «7 Wolf»|
|Spanish||Retail only. Download.|
Slow interface movement
Missing Music in Unlimited edition
The Unlimited edition is missing the track "SIM Broadway". Tracks "Concrete Jungle", "City of Dreams" and "SimCity 2000 Theme" are both disabled in
|Get missing tracks|
Game crashes at startup in Windows 10
Game crashes at startup after a few seconds in Windows 10. The executable file creates an error log file SC3U_stkdmp.txt in which phrases such as "Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION", and "Fault Address:
<game-installation-path>\apps\GZGraphicD.dll" is included.
|Run the game in windowed mode|
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98||95, 98|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 166 MHz||Intel Pentium 233 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||32 MB||32 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||230 MB||230 MB|
|Video card (GPU)|| DirectDraw compatible |
2 MB of VRAM
4 MB of VRAM
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows 10 or Windows 11 and is disabled by default on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 when the KB3086255 update is installed.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16
- Computer Gaming: How to turn off the intro movie
- Running SimCity 3000 in a window - SC3000.COM
- Games help:SimCity 3000 - Vortex of Sound (retrieved)
- SimCity 3000 (c) Maxis review - GameOver
- How to get the missing SimCity3000 Music