Difference between revisions of "PlanetSide 2"
|Line 361:||Line 361:|
|direct3d versions =
|direct3d versions = 11
|direct3d notes =
|direct3d notes =
|directdraw versions =
|directdraw versions =
Latest revision as of 14:51, 23 June 2021
|Daybreak Game Company|
|Windows||November 20, 2012|
- Offers a strong level of graphical customization.
- Official website
- Official forum
- Official support page
- PlanetSide 2 Wiki - a good place to get gameplay-related information.
- Steam Community Discussions
- All versions require a Daybreak Account.
- ProSiebenSat.1 accounts are no longer supported as of September 29, 2014.
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/218230/pfx/[Note 2]|
|Multi-monitor||See Field of view (FOV).|
|4K Ultra HD||UI does not scale along with resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)||55-74°. See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Set with Display Mode in Settings, Graphics.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Cannot be disabled.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Cannot be disabled.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||By default the game is capped to 60 fps. Turn off smoothing in options to unlock it. You can also lock the framrate yourself by editing Useroptions.ini.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Color blind mode||Allows for "Empire Coloring" and "Squad Coloring" to more easily distinguish between each team. Some elements of the game may still cause trouble for color blind users.|
- This game uses vertical FOV. See FOV Calculator for help.
|Custom vertical FOV|
|Increase vehicle FOV|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Separate options for "vertical look" and "vertical fly".|
|Controller support||Users with the Logitech 3D Pro POV pad may have issues, see Logitech 3D Pro POV pad for more information.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Logitech 3D Pro POV pad
If you only use the ingame key bindings, the pad will just stop working after a few seconds. In order to use the POV pad of the joystick for the cockpit view, follow these steps
|Use the Logitech profiler|
|Separate volume controls||Settings for music, sfx, dialog and voip.|
|Subtitles||Automatically shown in the tutorial and for some ingame voice callouts in the chat box.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Dedicated||Server selectable at character creation.|
Cannot install game (Steam)
|Fixing error: "An Error occured while installing Planetside 2 (No Subscription)"|
Planetside2.exe has stopped working
|Fix crash on Windows 8|
Low frame rate
|Fixing Low Frame Rate (FPS)|
During the alpha stage, Planetside 2 featured special particle effects powered by PhysX. These effects were removed prior to the official launch, but an option to disable PhysX was not available in the settings menu. The following fix forces PhysX off. This won't solve having a low-end machine, but will improve frame rate by 20% to 40% in most cases.
|Fixing Low Frame Rate (FPS) Second method|
Theres a way to tweak render limits to even lower sizes than 500. If you play as infantry 300 is still playable and is a lot faster.
Random Freezing for a few seconds
- The game freezes randomly for a few seconds until resuming on NVIDIA GeForce cards.
|This is a Nvidia Driver bug in driver versions 451.48 and 451.67. Either downgrade to driver version 446.14 or upgrade to GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85 or later, once available|
|Windows||32-bit support was discontinued in 2015.|
Use of SweetFX is officially listed as a banned client modification.
|Operating system (OS)||7 64-bit or later||7 64-bit or later|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-4460
AMD Phenom II X4
|Intel Core i5-6600K
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
|System memory (RAM)||6 GB||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||20 GB||20 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 |
ATI Radeon HD 4850
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
AMD RADEON R9 280X
- A 64-bit system is required.
- When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/218230/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (218230) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- SOE/PSG: Important FAQ for upcoming player migration from PSG to SOE! - last accessed on 2019-01-27
- Planetside 2 and Windows 8 compatibility issue - last accessed on 2019-02-09
- Nvidia driver release thread including open issue 3038632
- Nvidia driver addressing seconds-long freezing issue. : Planetside - last accessed on 2020-08-30
- Notice Regarding 32 Bit Operating Systems - last accessed on 2019-01-27
- BattlEye – The Anti-Cheat Gold Standard