Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
|macOS (OS X)||Robosoft Technologies|
|OS X||Feral Interactive|
|Disney Interactive Studios|
|Windows||October 13, 2009|
|macOS (OS X)||November 16, 2010|
|Vehicles||Space flight, Hovercraft|
|Series||Lego Star Wars|
|Lego Star Wars|
|Subseries of Lego|
|Subseries of Star Wars|
|Lego Star Wars: The Video Game||2005|
|Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy||2006|
|Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga||2009|
|Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars||2011|
|Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens||2016|
|Lego Star Wars Battles||2021|
|Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga||2022|
- The macOS (OS X) version of this game does not work on macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later due to the removal of support for 32-bit-only apps.
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (sometimes abbreviated as "LSW:TCS" or just "TCS") is a Lego-styled action-adventure game based upon the first six Star Wars films. It is an enhanced port of Lego Star Wars: The Video Game and Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy with higher quality graphics, additional characters, two new story levels, several new bonus levels, and many changes to the Prequel Trilogy levels.
While the console and handheld versions of the game were released in November 2007, a year after Lego Star Wars II, Windows gamers would have to wait nearly two years until October 13, 2009, and Mac OS X gamers another year, until November 16, 2010. A mobile phone port was released in 2013, which has some differences from the PC and console version, the most notable being replacing "Indiana Jones" with a scarred version of Anakin from Revenge of the Sith, who can be modded into the PC version.
On PC, there is an active small but growing modding community for all of Traveler's Tales's Lego video games, based primarily around a Discord server. TCS is the most popular Lego video game to mod, with many mods adding characters or fixing bugs.
|Retail||SecuROM 7 DRM.|
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\LucasArts\LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga\|
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Preferences/com.feralinteractive.saga.plist/
~/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/LEGO Star Wars Saga/
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/32440/pfx/[Note 1]|
Mappings.datstores Keyboard and Controller mappings.
pcconfig.txtstores all general settings.
Save game data location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\LucasArts\LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga\SavedGames\|
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/LEGO Star Wars Saga/SaveData/
~/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/LEGO Star Wars Saga/VFS/User/AppData/Roaming/LucasArts/LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga/SavedGames/
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/32440/pfx/[Note 1]|
- The save file contains a checksum to prevent tampering. Use the TCS Save Checksum Updater to update this checksum after making any out-of-game modifications to the save file.
|Widescreen resolution|| Hor+.
Cutscenes are letterboxed to 1.85:1 at narrower aspect ratios, except for the opening shot of the intro cutscenes for Secret Plans and A Hew Hope, which are letterboxed to 2.35:1 instead.
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry.|
|Ultra-widescreen||See the WSGF entry.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||See the WSGF entry.|
|Windowed||Can be activated using DxWnd.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Can be activated using DxWnd.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FSAA. Enhanced Graphics option must be turned off.
For anti-aliasing with Enhanced Graphics enabled, see Anti-aliasing.
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always on. Can be forced off.|
|120+ FPS||See High frame rate.|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)|
|Color blind mode||Information relating to which player is which is delivered as blue (player 1) vs. green (player 2). The green is a lighter shade than the blue, but this distinction may be difficult for players with tritanopia.|
|Force MSAA or SSAA (Nvidia only)|
|Force MSAA (AMD only)|
- Fullscreen mode defaults to 60 Hz, even if the screen refresh rate is set higher than that.
- Maximum frame rate is tied to the game's refresh rate, can be changed manually below.
|Set refresh rate manually|
- A player using the keyboard cannot tilt the camera, nor walk slower than full run speed.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse not used in game.|
|Mouse input in menus||Scroll wheel and LMB/RMB can be used to browse menu.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||"Battle over Coruscant" only; no option to disable (can manually swap up and down mappings in control configuration)|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts||See Additional Information below.|
|Light bar support|
|Button prompts||XInput only.
For DualShock prompts use the PlayStation Button Prompts mod.
For PS5 DualSense prompts, use the Dualsense prompts for TCS mod.
For Nintendo button prompts use the Wii U Button Prompts mod.
|Controller hotplugging||Must go to control configuration to switch input methods in-game.|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||For separate players|
|Separate volume controls||Music can be toggled on/off.|
|Surround sound||Cutscenes are Dolby Pro Logic II-compatible. Gameplay is normal stereo.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|English||Spoken dialogue is infrequent and inconsequential.|
|Danish||OS X only.|
|Hungarian||Fan made translation.|
|Polish||Fan made translation.|
|Local play||2||Co-op, Versus
Story Mode and Free Play support drop-in/drop-out co-op (Episode III Obi-wan vs Anakin fight is Versus).
2 Player Arcade is versus only.
|Online play||Only present in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.|
"The Great Pit of Carkoon" is too dark
- The lighting in the second level of Episode VI is significantly darker than its Lego Star Wars II counterpart, as well as that of its intro cutscene.
- Enabling bloom can partially help.
Random BSOD during the game
|Disable internet connection|
If the game crashes to a Blue Screen of Death randomly, usually within 5-10 minutes of play (e.g. during cutscenes, in a level or the Cantina), disable internet connection prior to starting the game and keep it disabled until after quitting the game.
|macOS (OS X)||This 32-bit-only macOS game does not work on macOS Catalina (10.15) or later.|
- See the beginners setup guide for instructions on how to configure the game for mod support.
- Setting up mods requires extracting the game's .DAT files, which noticeably increases file size.
- Replaces the various weapons with their equivalents found in more recent Lego sets.
- Adds 16 characters and 7 vehicles to the playable roster who were originally in the game, but not playable.
- Not compatible with existing save files
- Removes the jump height restriction from characters that have the high jump ability (Jar Jar, General Grievous, etc.) in original trilogy levels and the cantina, making their jump height consistent across all levels.
- Requires Reloaded-II mod loader.
Bug-fixes and restored content
- Blaster sound fix for Han and Luke in Stormtrooper suit by OLDCOOKIE - Gives Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) and Han Solo (Stormtrooper) the Stormtrooper blaster sound when they fire their blasters since they are using Stormtrooper blasters.
- Darth Vader Breath Fix by K1d_5h31d0n - Restores Darth Vader's idle breathing, like in Lego Star Wars II. Place in
- Discovery on Kamino Mid-Intro sound fix by Philips_27 - The second cutscene for Discovery on Kamino does not play its associated audio file, unlike Lego Star Wars I. Place this file in
- Fixed Naboo Royal Starship in "Retake Theed Palace" cutscene by Philips_27 - In the intro cutscene for "Retake Theed Palace", the Naboo Royal Starship's landing gear is rendered, but the ship itself is missing. Replace file in
<path-to-game>\LEVELS\EPISODE_I\RETAKEPALACEwith this file to fix.
- Full Imperial Rage on Jabba's Barge by SirYodaJedi - Replaces the Imperial Rage music that plays on the dance floor in "The Great Pit of Carkoon" with a better quality full version from Force Commander. Place in
- Head and Face Fix Darth Vader with 1024 x 1024 textures by Suso - Makes Darth Vader's gameplay model more accurate to the model used in a couple of cutscenes without affecting animations, restoring higher-res textures (1024x1024 vs. 256x256) and his grey head and face. Place in
- High-res Clone Model by Bario the Weird - Modifies the Clone Trooper model by restoring an unused, higher-polygon Clone Trooper helmet and upscaling his textures to 1024x1024. Place in
- Indiana Jones personal sounds fix by Philips_27 - Enables playback of Indiana Jones's personal sounds, such as his damage and death sounds. Place in
- LEGO Star Wars II Style Princess Leia (Boushh) Character Unlock by JCDsky - Makes the helmet version of Princess Leia (Boushh) unlockable after completing Jabba's Palace instead of its helmetless variant like in Lego Star Wars II.
- Luke Skywalker (Bespin) fix by Bario the Weird - Restores unused "leg printing" textures on Luke Skywalker (Bespin). Place in
- Luke Skywalker (Ceremony) teeth fix by RiseMods - The Ceremony variant of Luke used in the Episode IV ending cutscene has black teeth. This mod replaces his teeth for consistency with other Luke Variants. Extract the contents of the Zip file to
- Negotiations intro voices restored by K1d_5h31d0n - The introductory cutscene for Negotiations was changed in The Complete Saga from Lego Star Wars I, removing the voices of TC-14 and the Royal Guards. This mod restores the original audio.
- Original Jango Fett death sound by SirYodaJedi - Jango Fett's death sound was trimmed in this game, compared to the Lego Star Wars I and Lego Star Wars II. To restore the untrimmed version, place this file in
- Proper LR Padme Geo - Gives Padmé (Geonosis) an actual low-res model instead of it being a copy of her high-res model. Place this file in
- Restored Luminara in "Defense of Kashyyyk" by Philips_27 - Based upon some unused and unfinished scripts, Luminara Unduli was supposed to join the party in Story Mode after opening the gates in the last area of "Defense of Kashyyyk". This mod restores that behavior. Place files in
- Various Fixes by Bario the Weird - Fixes a bunch of broken and missing animations, re-adds Padmé's blaster and the Battle Droid shooting sound from Lego Star Wars I, and adds an unused Luke introduction cutscene into Jabba's Palace.
- Zam Wessel with Correct Gun by rapapa the pepper - Gives Zam Wessel the chrome-colored pistol she is seen within cutscenes instead of the default megaphone blaster.
- Boss Nass Improvement Mod by Suso - Gives Boss Nass the high jump ability and improves the texturing on his head, making it clear that he has a helmet and Gungan ears. If downloading the raw files, place them in
- Dedicated grunts for Watto by SirYodaJedi - Changes Watto's sounds to edited versions of some of his lines from Episode I - Racer.
|Operating system (OS)||XP SP2, Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz
AMD Athlon XP
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB (XP)
512 MB (Vista)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 128 MB of VRAM
Shader model 2.0 support
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.5.8||10.6.4|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel 1.4 GHz||Intel 2.2 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||128 MB of VRAM||256 MB of VRAM|
- File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/32440/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (32440) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- This step can be skipped if Enhanced Graphics is disabled.
- Feral Support - LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - last accessed on 2016-7-23
- NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated) | Page 226, post 4507 | guru3D Forums
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2021-01-04
- Verified by User:Keith on 2017-09-19
- Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2021-01-14
- The cutscenes are premixed and the audio files use the same mix and channel count as the files from the console versions, which do support surround sound (5.1 on PS3 and X360, DPLII on Wii)
- Wikipedia article of the game - Variations between platforms
- LSW TCS - 'Discovery on Kamino' mid intro sound fix - YouTube
- LSW TCS - Restored Luminara on 'Defense of Kashyyyk' level - YouTube