From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
Revision as of 08:05, 21 November 2022 by 2405:8100:8000:5ca1::1d:fd60 (talk) (Eldewrito's website isn't working, so I put up an Internet Archive link for the time being. Please revert when the page goes back online.)
|Halo: Combat Evolved||2003|
|Halo: Spartan (series)|
|Halo 5: Forge||2016|
|Halo Wars (series)|
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection (series)|
- The official release under Microsoft Studios for Russian players was cancelled in 2016. However, Halo Online is playable worldwide with the ElDewrito Mod, which is now essential for play. As such all guides on this page are in reference to the aforementioned mod.
- Halo Waypoint - Official Beta Launch of Halo Online testing under Microsoft Studios in Russia
- ElDewrito.com - Official Page of ElDewrito Mod
- Blog.ElDewrito.com - Official blog for the ElDewrito Mod
- r/HaloOnline Subreddit for Halo Online and ElDewrito Help and Discussion.
- ElDewrito Source Code - ElDewrito Mod Repository
- Not officially available. Requires the ElDewrito Mod to play the game.
- Provides bug fixes and quality of life improvements including 21:9 support, extended FOV slider, and raw mouse input.
- Players can host multiplayer and Forge games with up to 16 players with this mod.
- The ElDewrito Mod's development has been put on hold until further notice, due to discussions with Microsoft regarding the reverse-engineering of their intellectual property - Game can still be played in spite of this just no further updates.
|Installing the ElDewrito Mod|
Configuration file(s) location
- In order to access game settings on keyboard and mouse, press Home from the main menu.
- Can only select Resolutions up to Desktop Resolution of the Primary Monitor
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Supports between 55° and 120° (Hor+)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Exclusive Fullscreen not Supported.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Bundled as part of "Texture Filtering" Setting.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Post-Processing AA - Does not support Downsampling Techniques such as SSAA or DSR|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default; to disable toggle the "Fix FPS Stutter" option in the Video Settings|
|120+ FPS||Physics are locked at 60Hz|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||See the glossary page for potential alternatives.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||Halo 3 UI can only be navigated using the Keyboard, or Gamepad|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Only has native support for XInput|
|Full controller support||Requires a Keyboard and Mouse to navigate certain menus.|
|Controller remapping||See Controller remapping.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|XInput-compatible controllers||Both Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are supported with icons|
|Xbox button prompts||Both Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are supported with icons|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers||Launching the game through Steam with Overlay will allow Steam to convert the DS4 input to Xinput such that Halo Online can support|
|DualShock button prompts||Without modification there is no in-game icons for any PlayStation controller|
|Light bar support|
|Separate volume controls||SFX, and Music|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
- ElDewrito UI and In-game HUD does not respond to Language changes and remains in English.
Start the game with
|Dedicated||See this Guide for how to set up a Dedicated Server for Halo Online's ElDewrito Mod|
|Direct IP||Open the console (~) and use
|Protocol||Port(s) and/or port range(s)|
- This game supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for automatic port configuration.
- The best way to report game issues to the ElDewrito community and get assistance, is via the mod's latest bug report thread.
Crash on Nvidia RTX chipsets
- The game has a bug whereby Contrails cause the game to crash, notably on RTX GPUs.
Game is too bright on Intel HD Graphics
|Shader Model support||3|
|Interface||Scaleform, Chromium Embedded Framework|
|Multiplayer||4Game, ElDewrito||ElDewrito Mod is a Requirement to play after shutdown by Microsoft|
|Operating system (OS)||Vista||7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo E6600|
Equivalent AMD CPU
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||4 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT |
Equivalent AMD GPU
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 3.0 support
|Controller||XInput Compatible||Xbox 360 or Xbox One Controller|
- ↑ When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ Polygon - Russian free-to-play Halo Online canceled - last accessed on 2019-11-23
- ↑ ElDewrito Blog - Microsoft’s Legal Action and the Future of ElDewrito - last accessed on 2019-11-23
- ↑ r/HaloOnline - Get Started - last accessed on 2019-11-23
- ↑ r/HaloOnline - Bi-Weekly Questions, Requests, and Bug Reports Thread. (Oct 24) - last accessed on 2019-11-23
- ↑ Verified by User:Weion on 2019-01-24
- The RTX crash is fixed by this patch while also not modifying the mtndew.dll file, allowing players to still be fully updated - and fix all known issues of the previous release.