Devil May Cry 5
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
Revision as of 21:12, 9 January 2023 by Dandelion Sprout (talk | contribs) (→top: General maintenance with AutoWikiBrowser in Bot mode)
|Windows||March 8, 2019|
|Monetization||One-time game purchase|
|Genres||Hack and slash|
|Series||Devil May Cry|
|Devil May Cry|
|Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition||2006|
|Devil May Cry 4||2008|
|DmC: Devil May Cry||2013|
|Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition||2015|
|Devil May Cry HD Collection||2018|
|Devil May Cry 5||2019|
- New features introduced in the Special Edition for PS5/Xbox Series X (Legendary Dark Knight Mode, ray tracing, and Turbo Mode) are not available for the PC version. Only Vergil is available on PC as DLC. See mods that provide special edition features for adding fan-made versions of them.
|GamersGate||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Green Man Gaming||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Humble Store||Deluxe Edition also available.|
|Steam|| Deluxe Edition also available.
- All versions require Steam DRM.
- Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM was removed on February 6, 2020.
- Since September 2021, all purchases include the Vergil DLC.
DLC and expansion packs
|Soundtrack||MP3, AAC, FLAC|
|1 Blue Orb|
|3 Blue Orbs|
|5 Blue Orbs|
|100,000 Red Orbs||Pre-order bonus.|
|200,000 Red Orbs|
|300,000 Red Orbs|
|500,000 Red Orbs|
|1,000,000 Red Orbs|
|Alt Hero Colors||Pre-order bonus - Available later in 2019 for everyone.|
|Alt Heroine Colors||Pre-order bonus - Available later in 2019 for everyone.|
|Alt Style Announcers||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Alt Title Calls||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Cavaliere R||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|DMC1 Battle Track 3-Pack||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|DMC2 Battle Track 3-Pack||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|DMC3 Battle Track 3-Pack||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|DMC4 Battle Track 3-Pack||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Gerbera GP01||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Live Action Cutscenes||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Mega Buster||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Pasta Breaker||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|Playable Character: Vergil|
|Super Character 3-Pack|
|Sweet Surrender||Part of the Deluxe Edition.|
|V & Vergil Alt Colors|
Mods that Provide Special Edition Features
SSSiyan Collab Cheat Trainer
- A collected mod trainer that provides options for Turbo and Must Style Mode, restored reversals, redirectable inertia, extended practice options, PVP, and more.
- Features options from included Devil May Cry Strive mod for tweaking character movesets and general gameplay
- This mod now integrates the Legendary Dark Knights mod completely, with customizable enemy density.
- Requires Fluffy Manager 5000 for installation.
COOP Trainer And Hidden Graphics Effects Enabler for Devil May Cry 5 by DanteSSS and Raz0r
- Provides the ability to play as any of the three main characters in any mission (Divergence).
- Enables up to 4 player online coop in most missions, including Bloody Palace.
- Works with SSSiyan Collab Cheat Trainer, including the Legendary Dark Knights option (all players must have it enabled)
- Enables activation of hidden graphical effects normally used only during cutscenes. Not even the Special Edition on next-gen consoles has these enabled during gameplay.
- This includes Contact Shadows, More Anti-Aliasing options, Ambient Occlusion (and more AO options), Subsurface Scattering for skin, Screen Space Reflections, and Motion Blur.
- The "Force Motion Blur" option only works if motion blur is set to "Variable" in graphics settings
- The SSR (Screen Space Reflections) "On" option produces a large amount of ghosting on object surfaces and makes various surfaces in the game have a blurry, grainy moving pattern to them, especially when you move the camera. This appears to depend per-level and per-surface, having higher fps makes the issue less noticeable. Use at your discretion.
- Enables importing of save files from other steam users
- Adds screen space ray traced lighting
- Causes AO to "bleed" through alpha transparency effects, such as smoke/fog, volumetric lighting, hair, explosions, etc.
- In-game AO should be turned off since it's replaced by RTGI, and has a big enough performance hit as is.
- Recommended to use via GShade instead of Reshade
- Relies on RTGI beta shader from Pascal Gilcher's Patreon that costs US$5 to access
Configuration file(s) location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/601150/pfx/[Note 2]|
Save game data location
|Steam Play (Linux)||<Steam-folder>/steamapps/compatdata/601150/pfx/[Note 2]|
Save game cloud syncing
|Multi-monitor||Use the related PCGW community patcher.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use the related PCGW community patcher.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Supports custom camera distances.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||TAA, TAA+FXAA|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS|
|High dynamic range display (HDR)||Automatically detected and activated on supported displays. No in-game Enable/Disable setting. Will disable upon Alt+Tab and requires a restart to reactivate.|
|Ray tracing (RT)||PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X only.|
|Toggle post-processing effects|
|Modify the game executable to disable anti-aliasing.|
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Remapping||Can remap keyboard inputs per-character, some functional keys are unavailable|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Also supports x-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||Can remap controller buttons per-character|
|Controller sensitivity||Only camera sensitivity (right analog stick)|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Y and X axis|
|Xbox button prompts|
|Impulse Trigger vibration|
|DualShock 4 controllers|
|DualShock button prompts||No native support for PlayStation Button Prompts (uses Xbox button prompts instead), but it can be modded in.
The in-game Xbox Controller Overlay (seen in Options Menu, Pause Screen or The Void area) can also be modded in.[Note 3]
|Light bar support|
|Simultaneous controller+KB/M||Controller and Keyboard/Mouse button prompt flickers whenever both Input Methods are in used at the same time (became more apparent in The Void area, where the Input Overlay is shown on-screen), Gamepad Buttons icons will be prioritized.
Mouse Camera is disabled whenever Joystick Camera is active.
|Separate volume controls||Music, Voice and Sound effect|
|Surround sound||Tested in 7.1|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Royalty free audio|
|Arabic||Fan translation by AR Team, download.|
|Nvidia 3D Vision||See Helix Mod: Devil May Cry 5.|
Officially supported game, see official vorpx game list.
Game is infinitely scrolling after using the Steam Overlay or Alt-Tabbing
|Enter Windows Device Manager and disable devices|
|Use DirectX 11|
Lens flare censorship in Mission 7
|Use Lady's Censorship Removal mod|
|How to use сontact shadows constantly:|
Cutscene Black Screen Fix
|How to fix Black Screen during cutscenes:|
DirectX 12 Audio De-Sync Fix (NVIDIA GPU)
|How to fix the audio De-Sync on DX12 for NVIDIA GPU's:|
|Direct3D||11, 12||Not changable in-game. Must be changed via editing the "TargetPlatform" line in dmc5config.ini to "DirectX11" or "DirectX12".|
|Operating system (OS)||7, 8.1, 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5-4460
|Intel Core i7-3770
|System memory (RAM)||8 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||35 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 |
AMD Radeon R7 260X
2 GB of VRAM
DirectX 11 compatible
|Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
AMD Radeon RX 480
6 GB (Nvidia), 8 GB (AMD) of VRAM
- A 64-bit operating system is required.
- ↑ When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in
~/.steam/steam/userdata/<user-id>/601150/in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (601150) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- ↑ Do note that the Button presses images aren't properly aligned due the the Overlay being based around Xbox Layout; This is evident with Joystick, D-PAD and Shoulder buttons
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOwWapeleug
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1306408688593272835
- ↑ Devil May Cry 5 · AppID: 601150 · Steam Database - last accessed on 2020-02-06
- "Removed 3rd-Party DRM – Denuvo Anti-tamper, 5 different PC within a day machine activation limit"
- ↑ Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition Won't Have Ray-Tracing on PC - last accessed on 2022-09-25
- ↑ Helix Mod: Devil May Cry 5
- ↑ Verified by User:Al2009man on 2022-08-27
- Tested by physically using Gamepad and Mouse input device, Steam Controller (mapping the Touchpad as a Mouse input) and DualSense Controller (mapping the Gyro as a Mouse Input.
- ↑ Verified by User:Jigen123 on 2022-03-16
- ↑ Digital Foundry - Devil May Cry 5 PC Tech Analysis + Xbox One X Comparison: Everything You Need to Know! - last accessed on 2021-05-24
- "The only way to change to the other API is by editing the .ini file in the game directory where the .exe is located, and changing the 11 in this file to a 12 and vice versa."