Black & White 2
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|OS X||Feral Interactive|
|Windows||October 7, 2005|
|macOS (OS X)||December 2008|
- The macOS (OS X) version of this game does not work on macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later due to the removal of support for 32-bit-only apps.
|Black & White|
|Black & White||2001|
|Black & White 2||2005|
- No major issues on modern systems, slightly moddable too.
- BWFiles - Black & White 2 Patch/Support/Modding Community
|Retail||SafeDisc DRM[Note 1] and CD key for installation.|
|Mac App Store|
- SafeDisc retail DRM does not work on Windows Vista and later (see above for affected versions).
- A demo is available here.
- The Windows version of this game is not available digitally.
DLC and expansion packs
|Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods||Requires Black & White 2 to be installed.|
Skip intro videos
- It is advised to install all the patches before playing.
- No patches have been released for Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods.
- Savegames do not carry over the patches.
- Fixes some serious bugs and crashes.
- Patch 1.1 is required.
- The most notable change is the ability of skipping the tutorial lands, along with more bug and crash fixes.
- Patch 1.2 is required.
- General fixes on modern systems to do with hardware detection limiting graphical options.
- Unlocks an exclusive creature available after creating a new game.
- Fixes a pretty annoying issue with the Wolf's mesh.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
- After doing this use any borderless applications to play with no borders on fullscreen from here.
- The mouse doesn't respond to slower movements and some tasks, such as building roads, become overly difficult.
|Logitech fix|
|Razer fix|
- On modern hardware parts of the terrain may disappear.
|General fix|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||2000, XP||XP|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz or equivalent||Intel Pentium 4 2.2 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 2.2 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||512 MB||1 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||3.5 GB||3.5 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 8.0 compatible
Shader model 1.1 support
| 128 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 2.0 support
- Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of - Microsoft Community - last accessed on 2017-01-16
- Microsoft - MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015 - last accessed on 2018-02-16