|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Cleanup suggestions||0||05:42, 6 March 2013|
|Offline Mode||0||20:29, 22 June 2012|
- Remove Steam on Wine section since it's now officially supported on Linux.
- Move General Information Section up to the top with the General information tag.
- Remove Windows/Mac/Linux section headers and implement a general 'Issues and Fixes' section. OS-specific problems can be titled as such: 'Issue (OS)'.
- Improve 'Sales' section with links to websites that list Steam sales (there are various) including SteamDB. Also delete sections with nothing underneath them.
- Separate System Requirements into 3 separate per-OS tables.
There is a glitch with offline mode. Sometimes if you try to sign into online mode (especially if you have never done it before), it will attempt to connect to the Internet, and sign in to Steam anyway. The fix is to log into Steam where you are online, select "Go Offline" from the menu, then restart Steam, and Offline Mode will work properly. All of that information is here on the wiki, of course, but it is hard to understand the way it is written. If you are just looking for a fix to make offline mode work, it's easy to overlook the solution (the Authentication section). I would try to fix this, but I can't think of how to reword what is written without losing the current information or being redundant. Any ideas?