Please summarize the below thread in the editing box. You may use any wikitext in your summary. When you finish, click "Save page".
Warning: You are not logged in.Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
User:Masked_Turk/Sandbox/Homepage - I am liking this, it's looking good.
My wife had some thoughts on the subject :P -
- New layout is much better with the featured article on top and the new box layout.
- She doesn't like the dark blue banner with the white text, she says it looks out of place because it's so striking and big. The lower boxes look good and they look more 'Wikipedia' like.
- She says we need more variation of colours - she wants the pastel greens and purples back. She says too much blue.
- Apparently the OS icons should be smaller and not compete with the corner logo.
- Combine the New and Recent Changes as a big box (stacked vertically, 100% width)
- Use new space to make a goal box with an xkcd comic (apparently this is important)
- She HATES the little clipart man in the Did You Know bit
- Notable releases should feature more prominently
Curious about what you guys do next! I will keep the current Home page static for now until we decide on a new scheme.
Can I just say, "pastel greens and purples back" - please, oh god please no.
- I like the change of layout as well.
- I think the blue bow with white text works if we want people to primarily contribute and edit stuff. I say leave that as is.
- I have no opinion on different colors.
- As for the OS icons, we could perhaps make them slightly smaller, but too small and they don't really do their job.
- What is the "new" section? The recently edited games section?
- Yes, we must keep the xkcd comic there somewhere. It adds character.
- Cut the clip art guy. Perhaps replace it with a generic looking question mark?
I also had a thought about extending the 'Recently edited' to include more columns (and make the box bigger).
Guide pt 2